Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
The power steering generator and pump look original too. Notice the rear generator brace that goes over the valve cover, it's unique to the 55 models because the generator has solid mount end frames and requires this brace to keep everything stable. Later (56-59) power steering generators had the rubber grommet type mounts and did not use the brace.

If you post the stamped info on the oval Delco tag on the gen I can decipher it for you. The pump also has a date code, it's usually stamped in one of the mounting ears, post that info too.

Whereabouts in Texas are you? I'm just east of Dallas.

Discussion starter · #26 ·
The power steering generator and pump look original too. Notice the rear generator brace that goes over the valve cover, it's unique to the 55 models because the generator has solid mount end frames and requires this brace to keep everything stable. Later (56-59) power steering generators had the rubber grommet type mounts and did not use the brace.

If you post the stamped info on the oval Delco tag on the gen I can decipher it for you. The pump also has a date code, it's usually stamped in one of the mounting ears, post that info too.

I'm south west of down town dallas about 45 minutes to an hour, same distance to fort worth also and waco lol.

Jalapeno I sent you a message asking about the relocation bracket should I decide to put a modern brake booster on it.

I will try and get the numbers and post them.

She runs & drives. Rookie question what fluid is used in the power assist? Trans or power steering fluid.
Thanks
Rocky
Dextron ATF

Mikey

Discussion starter · #30 · (Edited)

The pump has a V stamped on the rear side

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.