Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have the Howell harness, and it has a separate wire, about 16/18ga,[green/white stripe], coming out of the PNP switch. It's run outside the bundle and is labeled "12volts in park". I called Howell and got the usual poor reception...[Doing me a favor by answering] Asked about the label. Tech told me that means I'm to introduce 12v onto the wire, when the car is in park.
??# 1:
NE1 else using the PNP switch on their 4L trans??? Does it that wire?
If so, to where did you hook it to get the 12 volts?
I'm "assuming" I could add it to the output side of the neutral start sw, that goes to the starter sol?? [Purple wire]. AAW harness is being used.

??#2: I see some are using the 57 n/s sw instead of the 55 sw..[Requiring a mod to the column.] NE particular reason to do this?

·
LS Tech and Moderator
11,358 Posts
Have the Howell harness, and it has a separate wire, about 16/18ga,[green/white stripe], coming out of the PNP switch. It's run outside the bundle and is labeled "12volts in park". I called Howell and got the usual poor reception...[Doing me a favor by answering] Asked about the label. Tech told me that means I'm to introduce 12v onto the wire, when the car is in park.
??# 1:
NE1 else using the PNP switch on their 4L trans??? Does it that wire?
If so, to where did you hook it to get the 12 volts?
I'm "assuming" I could add it to the output side of the neutral start sw, that goes to the starter sol?? [Purple wire]. AAW harness is being used.

??#2: I see some are using the 57 n/s sw instead of the 55 sw..[Requiring a mod to the column.] NE particular reason to do this?
You shouldn't need that wire that may just be for the PNP switch to act as the neutral safety switch. I got the PNP switch pin out some were, but would have to dig them out.

You should use the Netual safety switch for the 700r4 that I believe ecklars carries.

·
Registered
6,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I have the

You shouldn't need that wire that may just be for the PNP switch to act as the neutral safety switch. I got the PNP switch pin out some were, but would have to dig them out.

You should use the Netual safety switch for the 700r4 that I believe ecklars carries.
schematic for the harness. I found no wire that was called out in that position.

Since I have the PNP switch, I'd prefer to use it for the neutral start, if I can...
Just got to figure out how to feed it 12 volts and not have to use a column mounted sw to do so.
However, when it comes down to the "bottom line" I guess just using the 700R4 sw and discarding that wire is not all bad.. I need to apply the "kiss principle" here!:)

·
Registered
6,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got it figured out>>>>>>
The "tech" @ Howell gave me bogus info.
1. The wire in their harness is green/white. The factory pinout is green. [Once I had the pinout I found this.]
2. The green becomes hot when in park. You DO NOT apply 12 v to it as the techy told me.
I will now use the 12 signal to pull in a relay in the purple wire that goes to the starter solenoid..P/N switch w/o the need for the old column sw...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts