Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully this isn’t a redundant question, as I searched the thread and couldn’t find anything that jumped out. I will be installing a 6.0 and 4L80E transmission (after I found out the 6L90 requires tunnel mods). I’m most likely going with a Be Cool custom radiator, aux trans cooler, and electric fan setup. Just curious what transmission lines are you guys running? I would preferably like to find a direct fit, and I’ll spend the money for the correct part! Thanks!

·
Premium Member
13,889 Posts
no commercially available lines for a trifive with a 4l80e unless you are using a pre ls model.

Reactions: lena56210

·
Registered
6,228 Posts
If you go with the An fittings, beware of the early/late port locations, and the "extended" fitting requirement.

Reactions: lena56210

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
They also have a AN banjo style 90* for the late 4l80E I had to use that style on a 70 monte carlo due to the tunnel being too close to use a normal 90* AN fitting at the mid case fitting. You can also use Pushlock hose & fittings it is good to 300psi I believe.

·
Registered
6,228 Posts
They also have a AN banjo style 90* for the late 4l80E I had to use that style on a 70 monte carlo due to the tunnel being too close to use a normal 90* AN fitting at the mid case fitting. You can also use Pushlock hose & fittings it is good to 300psi I believe.
What we use.
Those long fittings are used on the later model w/the port in the rear of the case. Early trans have the ports up front.

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
What we use.
Those long fittings are used on the later model w/the port in the rear of the case. Early trans have the ports up front.
And if the correct long fitting isn't used it will burn the trans up quickly. 1997 up I believe.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the replies! I did stumble across someone mentioning BRP Hotrods on this forum. Looked them up and found a kit they sell for transmission lines, (side note) and fuel lines if anyone is interested. I was going to call them either today or tomorrow and inquire about potential mods that may be needed. Looking at part number 000-6630-80 for the transmission lines and 6601-00 for fuel. I’ll update once I speak to them

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for all the replies! I did stumble across someone mentioning BRP Hotrods on this forum. Looked them up and found a kit they sell for transmission lines, (side note) and fuel lines if anyone is interested. I was going to call them either today or tomorrow and inquire about potential mods that may be needed. Looking at part number 000-6630-80 for the transmission lines and 6601-00 for fuel. I’ll update once I speak to them
Finally got around to calling them today, and this line is a cut to fit, but it appears to be made of good quality. I spoke with Jeff and he did notify that if you’re going with a different radiator, you may need adapters. It’ll be the setup I’m going with. Hope this helps others.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts