Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Administrator
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks
This is a great patch panel exercise . I started by removing the rear brace of the 50 Chevy front fender so I could get to the damage area with out sacrifice.

After this is removed I can see hidden damage not seen before . The fender will be sent off with the body to be dipped next month but for now I will make the lower fender panel and be that far ahead when it comes back.

Here is what we have to work with , it don't appear to be that bad but has quite a bit of peppering that will be more work chasing them so replacing the bottom will be a benefit.
Here is a cardboard template to give me an idea of the out side perimeter should be.

I will trim my sheet metal an inch larger so I can have an edge all the way around .
To duplicate the roll on the inside fender edge I made a quick and easy wooden die to start the process.

I will track along the line with this die untill I get it started .

Now that I have it going in the right direction I will use a hammer and stake dolly to get close to the shape before I have to wheel the panel.

It's coming around nicely but I will have to get a little creative in the corner , but for now this as far as I will go . :rolleyes: Stop in later to see how we progress with our patch panel for our fifty Chevy . :)

·
Administrator
9,085 Posts
Great looking work Steve, I learn a lot every time you post a ptoto and explain how you make panels , etc.

Also is that your guard dog, how about a photo of him.

Otis:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts