Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a problem with the pressure hose on the 500 box. It tightens up but the line is not tight in the fitting, you can still move it up and down. I have read that I might need a different line. It screws down on the 605 box with no problem. Any ideas?

Thanks

·
Registered
7,275 Posts
I used a 67 SS 396 Camaro pressure hose on mine with no problems, I think SS 350 used the same # from NAPA. I have been told some early 500 boxes used O ring fittings. Someone else may know the details.

·
Registered
499 Posts
The 500 boxes all use the inverted flares. The flare seats to the cone shaped end in the box. If you have seated that flare tight a few times you may need to replace the hose. You can use what USA1 shows or we can supply a new pressure and return line.

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I used a 67 SS 396 Camaro pressure hose on mine with no problems, I think SS 350 used the same # from NAPA. I have been told some early 500 boxes used O ring fittings. Someone else may know the details.
It looks like the pump end is not like the one on my pump.

My hose/fitting is not bottoming out in the box. I'm wondering if the fitting is messed up, but it does screw into the 605 without any problems.

Could I have a metric fitting on my hose?

·
Registered
499 Posts
It looks like the pump end is not like the one on my pump.

My hose/fitting is not bottoming out in the box. I'm wondering if the fitting is messed up, but it does screw into the 605 without any problems.

Could I have a metric fitting on my hose?
The only metric 605 stuff is O-ring style ends.

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just talked to Mario at CPP and he has fixed me up. Seems that the pump end on my pressure line is of the o-ring type, so fittings and new hoses are on the way.

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts