Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
Nomads 55-57,69Z28-RS,72ElCamino, Corvette(5)
9,201 Posts
Golden Star? So it's a chinese reproduction? made from chinese 'pot metal'? or ??

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Better yet . How about at SEMA , on a 55’.
Actually on a Fender / Door.
Not on a Display.
Then a TriFive member at SEMA , who actually knows 55’ Nomad Diecast trim , fit & finish, reports back to us .
Prob not happening, me buy Lotto ticket in morning.
Gd. Nite.
Stretch

·
Registered
1955 Nomad
716 Posts
North Georgia Pattern Works used to sell them for about the same price, but they were high quality original OEM pot metal made in the USA.

I guess if no one else reproduces them, then these Chinese knockoffs can dictate their price.

Would have to see how they fit and the quality.

Good thing my originals are good.

·
Registered
9,201 Posts
The North Georgia reproduction were made of BRASS ... much better (and heavier) than pot metal.. There is also an aluminum US version reproduction cheaper than these Golden Star parts...

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
The give away car for 2022 will have this trim on a sedan. A combination of models. Sedan with 210 trim on beltline, 150 rear quarter and nomad front. Got this in an email from tri five today.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Granted, I don't own a Nomad, and I know those parts are rare, but REALLY?....$5000.00...
If you can find a set (or gather one up in pieces) that is restorable, you'll spend a minimum of $2-3K just for that, beyond what you paid for the pieces themselves. I associate myself with the comment Stretch made - I'll be driving mine a lot, and I don't want to be constantly worried because of a deer or a parking lot fool.

·
Registered
1955 Nomad
716 Posts
Even tho expensive, it's nice to have repop IF the fit and look good!

The fact that they are making repops for something that produced only 8600 cars is pretty fortunate.

Maybe like the Sedan above, other 55s may opt to retrofit this chrome on. Again, only looks good if you have matching Nomad rear fender wells and no rear side chrome.

·
Registered
9,201 Posts
Speaking of the TriFive nats 'giveaway car' for next year, this information was supplied in a mailing yesterday... I have to say that I LIKE THIS ONE... much better than the cars they've given away previously! Maybe because it reminds me of the way we did our trifives back 30, 40, or 50 yrs ago! :) I'd love to win this one!

I'm not a W-motor fan, although an LS dressed to appear as one is fantastic... and the 60's Impala updated interior, the AR five spokes and redlines, and the Nomad trim tops it off! The color even matches that of a '55 Sedan in my hometown back in the late '60's that was the 'fastest car around'! ... :)

The ONLY way it could be better was if it had the '55 Nomad rear wheel wells... :)

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Speaking of the TriFive nats 'giveaway car' for next year, this information was supplied in a mailing yesterday... I have to say that I LIKE THIS ONE... much better than the cars they've given away previously! Maybe because it reminds me of the way we did our trifives back 30, 40, or 50 yrs ago! :) I'd love to win this one!

I'm not a W-motor fan, although an LS dressed to appear as one is fantastic... and the 60's Impala updated interior, the AR five spokes and redlines, and the Nomad trim tops it off! The color even matches that of a '55 Sedan in my hometown back in the late '60's that was the 'fastest car around'! ... :)

The ONLY way it could be better was if it had the '55 Nomad rear wheel wells... :)

Couldn't agree more. That one looks to be done RIGHT.

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
A fellow in the next city got a set restored about a year ago and he told me it cost him $2500 for the resto/chrome at Custom Chrome in Grafton OH. With the cost of cores it would be hard to get any significant savings below the $5k reproduction set.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts