Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys had help to come over to put glass in truck but the tool needed for job didn't come in so I decided to hang the doors. Got them hung but they will not close.

Its like they grew too big for opening. New weather strip could account for some of it but they appear to be hitting right at the latch area. I can force them closed the top half looks great but the bottom half of the door is no where close to being closed.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. The truck is now fully painted so I need some sort of fix on this that does not include cutting and welding.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes they fit before. The doors look great as far as the body lines the gaps look about like they did before The door closes and will latch but the bottom below the door handle protrude a good 1/2" on one door and the passenger door about 3/8". I'm amazed at how good the top seals in but man I can't leave them like this they look stupid.

I put a bottle jack with carpeted board and can raise and lower them but so far this is the best I can do. they apear like I need to move them forward about 1/8" to get them clearance on pillar side.The problem I see is the way they are right now if you look at the back side of the hinge pocket on the door they are as far forward as you can get them unless I was to open up the hinge pocket and slot the holes in the door hinge on the interior wall if you know what I mean.

I'll try to post some pictures I was carefull to brace the door openings before I took the cab off the frame.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts