Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RIGHT SIDE rocker panel Whats the best way to go?AS i hope you can see? ..the kar was hung on curb,,,maybe his wife took a swing at him with a Sledge hammer and missed.Anyway its not bad[solid] and not rusty /inner rocker panel needs repaired but this i want to do first? any help is always appreciated bob s
ps should i buy a panel orcut a new one up an replace the "WOW" she put in it. heh heh

Attachments

·
Registered
387 Posts
You could replace it or you could bump it back. Put a 4x4 on top and hit the impacted area with a mini sledge hammer. Even if you replace it you will have to do some bumping for the other areas that are attached.

·
Registered
899 Posts
i'm working on mine right now. it looks like you should be able to push it out . if you have to replace your inner rocker, remove that and then you can get to the outer rocker easier. i wouldn't replace it if it has no rust. cut a piece of 2x4 to fit inside your rocker and give it a few love taps until it suits you and lines up with the door. make sure the 2x4 is the full length of the rocker, you don't want to distort anything else. keep banging until happy. i'm not a professional but i did stay at a holiday inn last night. hahahahahahahaha. jeff

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Check out this video about 1/3 of the way through how they pull out a dented rocker. I doubt you have one of these gadgets but maybe you can use the idea and weld on a row of washers to pull with. Might help if you can speak Japanese. :)

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Check out this video about 1/3 of the way through how they pull out a dented rocker. I doubt you have one of these gadgets but maybe you can use the idea and weld on a row of washers to pull with. Might help if you can speak Japanese. :)

Wonder hwere a guy would get a washer holding head like that,i have never seen one those? HEY thanks for the video..it has informed me well:tu:bowtier: bob s

1 - 6 of 6 Posts