Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like your opinion. I can purchase a nearly rust free car, original 6 cyl 3 spd on the column. I can see that no panels were ever replaced, all interior panels are removed and so is carpeting. Body is straight as an arrow. Heater, radio and clock delete. Floors are good and all braces are good. Rear tailgate and upper part are solid with no patches, a few pin holes in the upper lift gate on one corner-no big deal. One tailgate cable broken. This guy has had this car for over 22 years. It is in red primer. All glass is there and all pieces are there. It also has the four spiral shocks and 68,000 miles. This car is not in cleaned up condition; ie motor is oily, dirty engine compartment etc. He has driven this car locally for two years. Would you like to hazard a guess as to it's value? He's doing a best offer type of deal.
One of the best bodies I've seen in a long while.
Thanks
John

·
Administrator
49,371 Posts
John i`d start the haggling off as low as you feel you can without totally insulting the guy. You can always raise the offers easier than you can retract a high offer. Personally i think i`d start it at 2500.00 and go from there. Any where around 5k would be a good price to me. Terry

1,544 Posts
According to the 2006 Collector car price guide the car you described lists at $4100. using their guide and your facts it would fall into a class 4 catagory, without going into all six catagories #4 is ( good) A drivable vehicleneeding no or only minor work to be funtional. Also a deteriorated restoration or a very poor ameteur restoration. All components may need restoration to be "excellent" but vehicle is mostly usable "as is".
Class 3 is listed at $9230 and class 5 is $2460
Hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts