Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a very original 55 post that has the single tone paint. I plan to two-tone it. My question is: are the side spears different for the two-tone other than the lower paint divider? Can I just buy lower dividers and add them to my existing spears ?

I also plan on deleting the gas door trim - and most likely the gas door, using instead, the Rocky Hinge tailight gas filler solution.

Thanks
john

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
55 210 post single tone to two tone

I posted this in the project update section but realized that might not be the correct place for this question and didn't know how to move the thread so I've reposted here.

I have a very original 55 post that has the single tone paint. I plan to two-tone it. My question is: are the side spears different for the two-tone other than the lower paint divider? Can I just buy lower dividers and add them to my existing spears ?

I also plan on deleting the gas door trim - and most likely the gas door, using instead, the Rocky Hinge tailight gas filler solution.

Thanks
john

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
I too have a 210. Bought mine with original paint. MANY 210's had body one tone color and top (only) white. Now, some did have the two tone body BUT the lower paint divider (end of spear) was just a paint line and not the metal paint divider trim. Side long spear is the same for 210 models. Belair long spear is different.
Dennis Bubp

·
Registered
552 Posts
The early two tone cars were body one color and top different. If the body is two colors there was a paint divider at the rear of the side spear to cover the paint line.

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
To answer your question, I believe the side spear trim was the same whether it was two-tone or not. You can also add the paint divider to give it a cleaner look, I did mine that way and like the looks of it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for everyone's response. When I say "two-tone" I am referring to the full body two-tone like the Belairs have.

zbad55 - am I correct that the lower paint divider is the same one sold for the Belair models and that it just replaces the endcap on the stock 210 ss long spear ? Or is there a 210 specific ss paint divider ?

thanks !!

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Thanks for everyone's response. When I say "two-tone" I am referring to the full body two-tone like the Belairs have.

zbad55 - am I correct that the lower paint divider is the same one sold for the Belair models and that it just replaces the endcap on the stock 210 ss long spear ? Or is there a 210 specific ss paint divider ?

thanks !!
Not sure why you mean by "two-tone" on belair models, are you referring to the paint ;like I have on my car? Also don't know what the end cap is either. I just bought the paint divider and installed it, not sure if its Bel Air specific. I also have the original 210 stainless.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, I meant the paint style like you have on your 210.

My car is garaged at a remote location so I didn't have it handy to look at before I posted. I thought I recalled a small "end-cap" that formed the pointed end of the spear toward the tail light. My mistake, that molding is all one piece.

So the paint divider just sits under the stock 210 rear molding. That's what I thought, just wanted to make sure before I bought them.

Thanks !!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts