Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just recently joined here and am quite new to the tri-five board. I've had a
'55 Handyman 210 wagon for several years and am thinking to re-store it now as just recently retired. Wagon is complete but does have the usual issues with rust, thrashed interior, boat-anchor seized in-line 6, three-on-the-tree stick and under dash overdrive unit. Trying to talk the financial administrator (read: wife) it would be cool to restore the wagon with updated driveline (thinking 700R4 and injected v-8, interior, A/C, body and paint and use it as a more or less daily driver. We have a Chevy Tahoe 4x4 which I like but think the wagon as a DD would be a blast. $$$ would be considerable I know but then so are buying new cars or trucks.

So the question finally is: need some pics of various color '55 2dr Handyman wagons to entice the wife with how it can look. Been looking on the board but don't know yet how best to navigate and find what I seek.

·
Administrator
49,962 Posts
A good place to get pics is to look on ebay, and craigslist. The updates are not only more fun but in a lot of cases a good safety update. I have a 1991 350 with factory GM TBI fuel injection in my 57. The current trend is to use the LS fuel injected engine in them. Look through the LS Forum to get some ideas there.
Terry

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
52,894 Posts

1 - 3 of 3 Posts