Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:sign0016:
Getting started "finally", Bought this bugger in 1977 and has been parked since 1989! I hope to have her on the road in the spring 2011... 454/TH400 install. Disc brake conversion among other things. Keeping the stock look on top!

Any suggestions on where to get started with the BBC install. I have the 1" forward mounts, trans mount kit, new small Billet disty, plan to use the short valve covers, it's a 6 cyl. car, so the rad position is in the right place. The motor I am using is a 1989 454 out of a motor home. Has the heavy truck crank and conrods. I believe I will end up 450 - 500 HP. Don't plan on doing much other than piston caps, cam, intake, carb... closed chamber heads. Thinking of keeping the stock rear housing and leafs. Just bought the traction bars, and plan to leave the springs in the stock pos... have 18s and 20s comin from Coy's to round out the ride, I hope they don't dry rot before I get this done... I also have a complete wiring kit I've been sitting on for a while. I am thinking of going with the 500 or 605 style steering. My ride was a power assist unit and have removed the power assist. I had forged my own disc brake set up with BBC 69 Chevelle springs and ball joint lift kit when I was 16... that all needs removed and want to drop the nose down 2". Wasn't sure if I should just chop the springs some or actually use the 2" spindles. Coy's say to not move out from the stock position or it will cause me grief with the wheels. Thanks for any comments, I would like to hear what has worked and what hasn't! BT:party0031:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts