Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
55 2 door belair lower door glass side molding .the molding just above the door handle , how are you guys attaching the glass fuzzy I know there was staples there but what other way glue or small screws this is the trim
Dress shirt Sleeve Clothes hanger Dress One-piece garment

·
Stainless Trim Restoration
11,953 Posts
I make my own staples out of stainless wire. If you use screws make 100% SURE THEY ARE in the same place as the staples. The B/A door has notches
for clearance of the original staples. If you use screws make sure they are also sucked down as far as you can get them....or run the risk of the head
scratching the glass. If you put the screws in the wrong place, the stainless WILL NOT fit down on the door properly. Also make sure the forward edge
(of the whisker strip) is not in the impression for the vent window post......or you will have to re-do it.

Mikey

• Love
Reactions: Pops @ Tri-5.com

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also forgot to ask on both prices of the lower trim there are a screw hole at each end is that normal or did someone added a screw beside the clips . Or is just the end clips only

·
Stainless Trim Restoration
11,953 Posts
If those holes are on the same edge as the whisker strip, than there is a factory screw that was installed to hold that edge in place. At each end if the
whisker strip.Compare that to the same location on the door lip and they should align. If these trim were not off your car they may need some fudging.

Mikey

1 - 6 of 6 Posts