Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 55 4 door 150 sedan, and are wanting to put belair side mouldings on. I have a full clip set and the mouldings but are trying to find where to drill holes and hole sizes etc. Any info would be appreciated.:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Mike, yes I plan to use upper and lower paint dividers. The car will be 2 tone. I want to use front and rear spears, window stainless, and badges that were on a belair, but the car doesn't have holes for any of the clips.

·
Senior Member 4 Gold Stars
4,460 Posts
Tony, what reference points would be most comfortable for you? What I will have to do is measure to the center of the moulding so you will know where the actual holes are.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe from the bottom of the doors, and the top of the wheel arches. I noticed on a friends 56 that some of the holes are round, some are square, some are oval. Do you know if this is the same on the 55 and does it make any difference. Thanks. P.S. Your car looks cool!!!!

·
4,460 Posts
56 is different from 55's. I know because I plug welded two rows of holes in a pair of 56 two door doors for a friend. They were Belair doors and he was putting them on a 55. Time consuming job, but I was bartering for a pair of 55 Belair doors for mine. :)
I'll try to get all the measurements in the next couple days.

·
4,460 Posts
Tony, here are a few measurements. If you need a different measurement, let me know.

From the bottom of the rocker/quarter panel 2 inches in front of the wheel opening to the center of the long quarter moulding is 16 1/2 inches.
From the wheel lip to the center of the long moulding is 7 1/2 inches.
From the point where the rear bumper recess turns in to the center of the moulding in 6 3/4 inches.
The upper paint divider should follow the body line that runs vertically. Put the moulding against the car with the back edge of the moulding even with the V in the body line. On my two door, the distance from the fuel door opening to the rear most point of the upper paint divider where it meets the long quarter moulding is 53 1/2 inches. This MAY differ slightly with your 4 door. So make sure the upper paint divider is even with the V in the body line and set to where the bootom of that paint divider is touching the long horizonal at both the front and rear edges.

I would suggest you mark the rear hole location and the front hole location for the long moulding and then put a straight edge against the quarter and mark the other holes. The holes in mine are about 10 inches apart.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Mike,

Thanks very much for that. This will be a great help to get started. I found my 55 manual the other day and found some info on type of clips and number of clips for each moulding as well so between your info and that I should be able to get it done.

Once again, thanks
Tony:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts