Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

281 - 300 of 338 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #284 ·
Thanks guys. Video isn't very good, I will get more this afternoon when I get home from the truck shop.

·
Registered
291 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Thanks buddy! How ya been? How's the hotrod?
Been good, just waiting on spring and warm weather and avoiding the rona. Have not even looked at the car lately. Has not even been started since November. Not sure I'll do anything on it till I can afford to upgrade the 4-speed. I know the muncie is on borrowed time.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Your cage looks nicely done. I’m on and off (mostly off) about having one installed; mostly for want of stiffness as opposed to track legality. My main fear is it would make it that much harder to get my wife into it! That said, yours looks pretty unobtrusive, at least for front seat passengers.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #296 ·
Your cage looks nicely done. I’m on and off (mostly off) about having one installed; mostly for want of stiffness as opposed to track legality. My main fear is it would make it that much harder to get my wife into it! That said, yours looks pretty unobtrusive, at least for front seat passengers.
Thank you.
Yes, with the swingouts you can even take them out for street driving. These are bent to keep the factory armrests and still be NHRA legal to 8.50.
If tou aren't going to run it at a sanctioned track where it needs to pass tech I would also look into a chassis stiffener like this pictured below.
m9d1uzC(1).png

281 - 300 of 338 Posts