Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

301 - 320 of 338 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #305 ·
Alan, I cannot thank you enough. This has been a long process and difficult to get it where I wanted but without sacrificing the history, integrity or character of the car but I think I have done it.
The story behind this car is truly one for the books and like a bear after a long hibernation it is ready to hunt!

·
Registered
937 Posts
you have done the car justice.....I cringed a few times seeing the work done to the car.... it looks wonderful...i`m sure it will run like the wind now.......funny... i guess i saved that car all those years for you to own it.......friends man,.....Alan

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #312 ·
The testing session went well. Only issues were the clutch and alternator belt. We knew the clutch was marginal at best for the application so it's no heartbreak.
Drove straight as a string, brakes worked great & overall I give it an 8/10.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #317 ·
Alan,
Everyone loved the car at Woodburn last Saturday. I must have told the story a dozen times starting when you got it outta the grass in the early 70s to now.
IMG_20210327_210916_279.jpg
Resized_20210327_112439.jpeg
IMG_20210327_210916_299.jpg
IMG_20210327_210916_343.jpg

·
Registered
937 Posts
sure does look good Darren.... those the rechrome bumpers ya got from me?? I really love the fact the car looks the same....paint and yellow hood......you have done the car justice....and i see ya left the California plate on it still....very cool........PWZ 559....... I hope it gives you many good memories my friend...... im glad you know the history of that car....and some of the stories I told you linger in your head...😁

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #319 ·
Thanks Alan, the car has such great character, history & meaning. I just couldn't change that.
Yes, they are the same bumpers. A buffing wheel & some truck polish made em pop!

301 - 320 of 338 Posts