Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
541 - 560 of 568 Posts

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #542 ·
I always loved those 70-72 Monte Carlo daily driver 70 454 SS in the early 70s this 70 about 8 years ago built with 383 then swapped to LS3. Followed Your 55 from the beginning.
A buddy of mine had a 71 SS back when we were in high school and it was just a fun car.

I never meant to get this carried away with the car but isn't that how they all go?

·
Premium Member
1956 chevy 210 del rey sedan
14,856 Posts
I never meant to get this carried away with the car but isn't that how they all go?
yeah wasn't this supposed to just be a fun little street car?

Reactions: DHR Darren

·
Premium Member
1956 chevy 210 del rey sedan
14,856 Posts
for sure!

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #551 ·
That intake while a beautifully crafted piece is an utter bearcat to install as you have to drop the cam sync plug thru the distributor hole then drop the intake onto the heads hoping your oil pump driveshaft is in line.
There is too much overhang to slip it in after intake is on. 🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #553 ·
These are Dart Conventionals.
Not really building it to be a class car but it could fit a lot of different classes. I could run all the way from outlaw 8.5 to true 10.5 with just a tire change. I'm trying to get the stick shift Tri-5 record though.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
People always said I was crazy for jumping out of an airplane at 30k’ in the dead of night with 80 lbs of stuff strapped to the back of my legs…but I’m pretty sure the thought of pulling the trigger on 2,000 or so hp thru a stick shift and on 10.5” tires would give me the cold sweats.
I like it!! This has been fun to watch evolve.

541 - 560 of 568 Posts