Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
561 - 568 of 568 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Thanks Ron, it should look pretty good when done.

How's the 57?
Slowly on the 57.... You may have an entire build completed before I get a cam swap and transmission upgrade done. LOL Seems like one step forward and two back for me. The first time I tried to put the engine quick time bellhousing clutch and transmission together, the clutch disk was the wrong spline. Then when I got the right disk, the bellhousing pinched the clutch fork against the pressure plate. So I had to go back to the Lakewood bellhousing so that meant starting over with indexing it and such. Then I had to wait for offset dowel pins to fix that alignment. Then when I went to mock it all up in the car, the firewall mod for the passenger valve cover was not enough so I had to pull it all out and cut the firewall more. The drivers header has been in and out 5 different times. You would not think changing to solid motor mounts would cause so many issues but it has. I am finally gaining on it. The engine and transmission are in now. Got the .250 bearing clearance for the throwout bearing. Working on finishing up the cooling system and mid mount alternator. Going to move the battery to the trunk, install a fuel cell and do some wiring but hopefully it will be running in a few weeks.

561 - 568 of 568 Posts