Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm at a point where I'm not sure whether to order the replacement wheel well patch panels or run the gasser look. I do like the gasser look tho minus the straight axle front end, like this pic here ----->
and since the wheel wells are already cut out on our car maybe it would save us some bux, anyhow, I'm looking for a stout rear end as a mechanical roller 468 and 4 speed are slated for the car, what do you guys and and girls suggest? I remember hearing something about the old Pontiac rear end? but that was just something I read it was WAY before my time.

I'd like something that isn't going to have to be required to have the axle tubes cut down and all that, thanks for any suggestions. Welding axle perches is cool though. We can do that.

O yes, does it look like the 55 I posted has the inner spring perches? or relocated spring perches I mean?

·
Premium Member
19,668 Posts
myself, the gasser look is okay
but Id replace quarters myself or do as u mentioned, but kinda sounds like u really like the gasser look ? Right :tu
either way u build her and enjoy her the way u like, :wavey:
keep us posted :)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Finding a bolt in rear end isn't going to be that easy. The Camaro 12 bolt is about the right width, but expensive and hard to find. The Olds Pontiac rear ends are pretty rare and not a lot of parts are available for them. Most 9 inch Ford and Dana 60 rear ends are going to require narrowing. You might want to have a 9 inch or Dana 60 built for the car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts