Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 55's floor, inner and outer rockers are bad. I'm wondering weather I should replace the outer rockers first then the inner rockers then the floor or should I start with the floor then the inner rockers then the outer rockers need some advice thanks

·
Registered
7,892 Posts
my 55's floor, inner and outer rockers are bad. I'm wondering weather I should replace the outer rockers first then the inner rockers then the floor or should I start with the floor then the inner rockers then the outer rockers need some advice thanks
I have this same problem with my own 55. What I'm planning to do is replace my outer rockers first and then buy and install a one peice floor that already has the inner rockers attached.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I would do the rockers first.

No matter which route you take, add some braces to make sure the body does not change shape during the process like 100%chevy's car in his picture.

·
Registered
386 Posts
outside in or inside out ?

You can do it either way actually. general consensus is to do it from the outside in. but in my case the car was already cut out on the passenger side from previous owner so I did it from the inside out. I did the drivers side from the outside in. so it really depends what you have to start with. in my case the a pillars at the bottom were so bad I essentially had to cut the inner door panel out and replace a lot of metal. if yours is in tact take and write down a lot of measurements and mark the points you measure from. don't forget about the joiner plate when your buying parts. its at the bottom of the a pillar. bracing is a good idea. if you decide to do all the floor section at once like the previous owner of mine did and gave up on. you can use a 1/2" angle iron stick to keep the patch panels lined up along the outer edge of the rocker just tack them to it. then grind out tacks when floor looks normal. I had to do floor brace ends also. check out some of my photo albums, if you wanna little chuckle. :tu

1 - 8 of 8 Posts