Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't post here often, but I read a lot of threads and have gotten a load of great info from all of you. Just wanted to give an update on my project. Finally finished my 55 Belair after 3 1/2 years of work. I'm now 71 and retired...and have worked pretty much fulltime on it. It will be my last one too...LOL Just gonna polish and drive now. Here are some pics from start to finish....complete frame off restoration done completely here at the house including paint. Thanks...

I bought my interior from Ciadella. Gina was excellent to deal with...great people and quality. They were a big help...

I can highly recommend Keystone Auto Industries in Brainerd MN for bumpers, after purchasing two sets of junk from other vendors. Brian was great to work with and these bumpers are beautiful.

·
Premium Member
Chattanooga TN
5,345 Posts
Wow! That is one sweet ride. Congrats on a job well done.

·
Registered
8,875 Posts
:tu:tu Very Nice

·
Registered
67,792 Posts
great job, that's beautiful. thanks for sharing. :tu

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Now that's a very fine example a perfect 55 Chevy, excellent work !

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
That is a great job on restoring your car. I just love the colors on a 55 HT, good stance, wheels and tires look right on the car. I bet it is a joy to drive. You can be very proud of the work you have done. How about some details on the drivetrain?
Tom

·
Registered
8 Posts
55 Restoration Project

Wow, very nice work. I especially enjoyed all the different types of stands and lifts, rotisserie that you used to manover the car around. The exhaust was quite interesting, is there any specific advantage to having an xbar crossover like that, vs. individual runs on each side? again, enjoy your retirement by enjoying the car, excellent.

Peter

·
Premium Member
13,639 Posts
wow...no, that's not good enough. WOW!!! Great job man!!
And you did it SO fast! In three minutes of scrolling time it was complete. LOL Very very good work.

·
Registered
10 Posts
That is one great set of skills you have there! I hope that in 3 1/2 years I can do the same, unfortunately mine my take a bit longer. Great job!!!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts