Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not much to go on here, other than it has a 350 and a new clutch. Also the box is a service box, you know, the ones with the tool boxes, not a normal pickup box. Condition unknown. Pictures suggest it has been parked for a while. What price range do you think?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
well the aluminum radiator is worth $250.00. then you'd need to find a pickup bed.
It's a REAL V8 truck, that's worth a little $. More modern valve covers. Aftermarket fan. Is that a '57 hood?
Paint overspray on the firewall. Wiper arms are on the wrong sides?
hmm, how'd/why did all that happen.....
But then you know all that, so anyway, I would not go more than $2000.00.
not alot of info..........

·
Registered
7,275 Posts
well the aluminum radiator is worth $250.00. then you'd need to find a pickup bed.
It's a REAL V8 truck, that's worth a little $. More modern valve covers. Aftermarket fan. Is that a '57 hood?
Paint overspray on the firewall. hmm, how'd/why did all that happen.....
Probabaly correct, but if it had been left to rot in a Nebraska soy bean feild for 50 years. PRICELESS.

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
I have been looking for a short bed 55/56 with a title in builder price range. That truck would appear to be a good buy at that price.

·
Premium Member
3,663 Posts
Paint overspray on the firewall. Wiper arms are on the wrong sides?
hmm, how'd/why did all that happen.....
Gee,I'm disappointed.I thought that my 57 is the only truck that hes tearing apart.
If I bought it,I'd leave the back like it is.No its not exactly stock but its probably the only bed that's ever been on it.
Whats its worth depends on many factors.Does the 350 run good? Transmission work?Rust?How bad do you want it??2K bad? 3K?

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
I don't get into what something is worth because prices are different from region to region.

That being said I will only tell you the things to look out for when you check out one of these trucks. The front fender eye brows, the bottom rear of the front fenders, the inner and outer cab corners, the hinge pockets, under the eye brow of the roof (right above the windshield), the bottom of the doors, and the floors. The bed area will be the angle strips (the ones that are spot welded to the bedsides) and the bottom of the rear fender where the steps attach. That's all I can think of right now.

I wish when I bought my truck I would have bought one that had better sheetmetal. Good luck with your purchase and I hope the truck is everything you expect it to be.

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Gee,I'm disappointed.I thought that my 57 is the only truck that hes tearing apart.
REALLY? don't be such a grumpy ass and read what i said as informational, as it was intended. After that[edited by admin]We will not tolerate this kind of posting about or to other members. Thank you for understanding,Terry.

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
REALLY? don't be such a grumpy ass and read what i said as informational, as it was intended. After that[edited by admin]We will not tolerate this kind of posting about or to other members. Thank you for understanding,Terry.
I got a bit um, carried away. Sorry, I apologize to you all, for voicing my, um, anger here.

·
Administrator
66,105 Posts
Check it over make sure the rust issues are at a minimum other stuff can be fixed up as you go, get a feel of what his asking, he may just need to move it on :anim_25:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Dang, BAM - I have rust repairs to do in each and every "problem area" you pointed out. I got a second cab with mine, it had rust in all of those except the cab brow. Guess that's to be expected on all except the best preserved. It's not not detering me, just slowing me down.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Dang, BAM - I have rust repairs to do in each and every "problem area" you pointed out. I got a second cab with mine, it had rust in all of those except the cab brow. Guess that's to be expected on all except the best preserved. It's not not detering me, just slowing me down.
Yeah Slow ask me how I know those areas.lol I replaced every panel on my cab from the rooter to the tooter. My buddies joke that I build a cab.lol Do not get deterred we all here to help you and keep you motivated. Just think of us as your classic truck brothers. :)

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
BAM55 nailed it

Yes the truck had rust everywhere he said. It was a 3600 model, originally a V8 4-speed with a service box, not your normal pickup box. Now for the drumroll..... it sold for $850. I did not buy it. I have my eyes on a 41, art-deco.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts