Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I saw that car when he had it at the Goodguys Charlotte show several years ago. It was the talk of the show back then. It is one of the nicest, straightest 55s I have ever seen. The pics don't do the car justice. 55K, he is fishing, maybe he'll get a bite, but probably not on ebay.

·
Registered
67,783 Posts
that is a nice one. :tu

·
Premium Member
5,815 Posts
I live 5 mi. from Ausleys. I've seen this car and others that he has. All his cars are "top of the line". He has been a car guy for 30+ years, and believe me....he don't need the money:) He puts a lot of money into his cars (and it shows). Guess he's trying to get some back.

·
Registered
Auckland, New Zealand
7,805 Posts
:anim_25:but I am afraid that he won't get close that asking price and we all know it :sign0020:
What sort of price do you think he might get for it?

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't think he'll get 55k, might be a 40 - 45K car.
Almost 2 years ago he was asking 69K
Hard to build it for 55K though, with all the new stuff.
What do you figure it cost to build
11,000 mile car 30K?
drivetrain, maybe 10K
Paint 10K?
interior 3K
wheels 3K
NOS parts?
disc brakes, fuel tank, rad
And we all know about the nickel and dime stuff
Labor?
Are my numbers in the ball park, I know you could do some stuff for less if you don't use new parts.

·
Premium Member
3,982 Posts
very pretty car but not the nicest tri 5 in the country,in my opinion i have seen some of the cars on here much nicer

·
Registered
37,290 Posts
You'd have to see it in person to judge the last bit about its value or potential value. But it seems to be a nice car.

My thought is that if it really looks as good in person as the photos, and if it drives like you'd expect it to, it's worth close to the asking price. But the workmanship would have to be exceptional - to me the interior drags the value down a bit. Though I understand that many like the style of the interior - it's just that it didn't cost a whole lot.

Someone wants that car at close to that price.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts