Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So since Pops is helping me with pictures I am going to lean on him once more and much appreciated. A couple pictures of my 55 Del Ray, original 235 powerglide , easy to drive , new bfg radials .Split manifold with dual exhaust . It has an interesting sound ....lol. Targeting a few inch lift all around. Purchased 66 Chevelle coils and a set of air shocks , with heavier leafs to be installed.

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
50,378 Posts
Pics for Greg

·
Registered
66,313 Posts
looking good Greg. my sig says what i would do. :tu

·
Registered
443 Posts
Ride height

The ride height of your ‘55 is really nice as is. Unless you’re going for a gasser look.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The ride height of your ‘55 is really nice as is. Unless you’re going for a gasser look.
That is my targeted height pictured . If you notice there is a jack in the front of the car . I took the picture as I was experimenting with just how high I wanted to go . I used two jacks to bring the car up 2 inches all around in the picture. I am satisfied with the stance so I have a set of 66 Chevelle coils for the front that should give me the desired height . I think the 235 is a bit heavier than a 265 ? Maybe the opposite?

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
50,378 Posts
Posting more pics for Greg

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Very nice looking 55 DelRay, and I'm partial to that year and model, I have a black over white 55 DelRay.
Thanks for the nice pics.

Later,
Jim

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
What size bfg radials

That is my targeted height pictured . If you notice there is a jack in the front of the car . I took the picture as I was experimenting with just how high I wanted to go . I used two jacks to bring the car up 2 inches all around in the picture. I am satisfied with the stance so I have a set of 66 Chevelle coils for the front that should give me the desired height . I think the 235 is a bit heavier than a 265 ? Maybe the opposite?
Good looking ride. What size bfg radials & are those your stock rims?

·
LS Tech and Moderator
10,680 Posts
Looks great.

Must have painted the lower half india ivory. Delray would have had a just the top "white". Can see the door jams and truck still Sea mist green. My delray just had a "white" top drip rails and above.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Good looking ride. What size bfg radials & are those your stock rims?
Thanks for the reply . Yes they are the correct 55 15" steel rims , riveted centers. The rims were incredible , no pits or rust on either side, sprayed them with India Ivory and rolling on bfg 225/70 R15's. The 225's work well, no rubs and have a decent amount of sidewall to my liking.

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
Thank you Greg, I've got three riveted rims (1 for spare) & been trying to decide which tires.
Going a little wider on back with rims & tires.

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
Your DelRay looks incredible nice! I have seriously thought going with delray style interior in my 210 ht, that looks factory hot rod to me.
Man, your '55 looks good!

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Your DelRay looks incredible nice! I have seriously thought going with delray style interior in my 210 ht, that looks factory hot rod to me.
Man, your '55 looks good!
Thanks, I recently saw someone selling a complete black/white del ray interior new in boxes i believe in Conn, usa. I think it was for a sedan though ?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts