Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my front fenders and wells all cleaned up and ready for re-install. My question is about welting: do I need it? I know it had it originally, but I can't seem to find the replacement welting on any of the parts sites. I'm wondering if it was just not something people replaced?

Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
You should be able to find the inner to outer fender seals at any Tri-5 parts supplier.

If you leave it out, just expect more dirt to get up in the inside of the outer fenders and possibly the firewall.

·
Registered
12,124 Posts
You should be able to find the inner to outer fender seals at any Tri-5 parts supplier.

If you leave it out, just expect more dirt to get up in the inside of the outer fenders and possibly the firewall.
And spend hours wishing you had of tried harder to find the seals after seeing all that dirt you now have to keep cleaning off everything. Well worth the pursuit.:anim_25:

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
And spend hours wishing you had of tried harder to find the seals after seeing all that dirt you now have to keep cleaning off everything. Well worth the pursuit.:anim_25:
Doe it right and be safe because if it was in once there was a reason :anim_25:

:gba:

·
Registered
6,338 Posts
It's also an anti-squeek "gasket"...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts