Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know of a frame stub that would include tubular parts, disc brakes etc? My brothers car has some frame damage and was fixed but it was not done right so it drives and steers bad. We figured the best way to fix it would be to try find a good stub so we can eliminate the original front frame rails. He really does not want to use a nova sub frame though. Thanks!

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
WELCOME

:sign0016:to trifive... Later, Dave

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok I will check that one out. Is it a mustang ll style suspension? Are you happy with the ride quality and handling?

·
Registered
66,314 Posts
:hello: hi ya and welcome. good to have you here.

·
12,256 Posts
Another option is a C4 Corvette front suspension. You get great suspension geometry, 6 degrees caster, a nice suspension drop, front steer quick ratio power R&P, all aluminum suspension parts (~100 pounds less weight than stock), swaybar, and big disc brakes. C4 parts aren't that expensive either.

Personally, I wouldn't put a MII suspension on ANYTHING, not even a MII! :rolleyes: JMHO. ;)

Here's a C4 setup on a Tri5 frame (mine):

And another one I did here:

·
Registered
18 Posts
C4 where to buy

I am new here as well, and I have a 56 that my wife wants to drive everyday. She is a Doctor and only drives a couple miles a day, but I want her to be able to STOP!!! Going fast is easy, but as they say it was not the fall that killed him it was the sudden stop. I like the C4 but haven't found one?? any links? Thanks

·
Powder Coating Tech
924 Posts
The only thing that I don't like about the rear C4 suspension is that if you are going to put any serious HP to it you will constantly break half-shafts. IMHO I would stick with a standard type rear end on a situation like that !

Just my .02

1 - 10 of 10 Posts