Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently added to the tri-five collection with the purchase of a 55 Cameo. It did not have a grill so I recently purchased a rechromed grill that is disassembled. When reassembling the grill, what type of hardware is used to attach the bars to the surround? I've tried to search on-line and can't seem to find any info.

Thanks in advance.

Allan

·
Premium Member
16,824 Posts
I've recently added to the tri-five collection with the purchase of a 55 Cameo. It did not have a grill so I recently purchased a rechromed grill that is disassembled. When reassembling the grill, what type of hardware is used to attach the bars to the surround? I've tried to search on-line and can't seem to find any info.

Thanks in advance.

Allan
I'm pretty sure they were originally assembled with tubular rivets. The rivets are available but the tool is extremely tough to locate. I looked for almost 10 years before I was able to find one in working condition. :anim_25:

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have 57 grill and mine was bailing wired together.... pops did it to keep it together so one day all the dents could be hammered out. I did that and then riveted it all together. I used a pair of vice grips to pull the pieces together that way the rivet was holding it, not trying to pull the pieces together... thar may help.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.