Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All:

I need some help with regards to the installation of my rear seat in my hardtop. I am getting ready to send out my seats for upholstery and I have dry fit the upper and lower seats in my car and it appear that the back of the seat hooks on to two tabs close to the floor and the top of the seat basically hangs on the the hooks along the package shelf. Is this basically a friction fit once the uphosltery is on the seat frame.

The bottom of the seat seems to be a friction fit as well except for the two oblong mounting holes in the support brace that runs across the floor that V shaped spring loops of the seat frame wedge into.

My question is this the correct way the seat installs.:party0031::party0031:

·
Premium Member
13,057 Posts
Yes that is correct. The back should slide down on the upper hooks and then be held still y the lower slots in the frame.
Terry
I agree,, i took my rear seat out the other day and it took about 15 sec ,it just pops out and in very easy -----:cool:

·
Registered
14 Posts
bsck seat

Does anyone have any pictures of the top hooks the back of the rear seat is suppose to slide on to?:wavey:
Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,395 Posts
Difficult to get the seat out withour gouging the side panels. I'd cover the panels with something tough and slick so you don't scar it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts