Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sorry as I seem to have forgotten where the SEARCH button is located, I'm sure this has been discussed before. I have new headlamp bezels and seals and am trying to understand how the seals join the bezels, I know they ultimately need to be trimmed to length. Info most appreciated!

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
50,378 Posts
The seals should have a split in them that fits over a ridge on the back side of the bezel...You might want to use some clear silicone adhesive to hold them in place...I placed the joint at the bottom.

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pops, thanks for the response, I did figure it out and yes I put the joint at the bottom as well. Bill Scott, on what page does one find the "Search Community" button? I'll keep looking, probably right in front of me.

·
Registered
1955 210 SERIES, 406 DUAL QUAD ENGINE WITH MUNCIE 4 SPEED
4,292 Posts
I could not figure out how to keep them in place, so I did not install mine. That was 10 years ago

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, like I said the "Search Community" was RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!! Thanks guys.
Topdog, after I determined how much to trim off the seal I fed it (the seal) into the groove in the bezel and yes it wanted to spring out. However after keeping the seal in the groove awhile it seemed to conform a bit and at some point the spring action seemed to keep it in place. I sprayed a little silicone on the small flap that rests on the beam retainer ring and all slid nicely into place.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts