Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
YES....I ordered one about a year ago and the mounting bkt was in the wrong location. The water pipes were also incorrect and I couldn't mount the hot water valve. I sent it back to them and pointed out all the errors. They said they would send it back and have them corrected and I would have it back in a week. A month later I demanded a refund. Have yours re-cored. I mailed mine to these guys and got it back a week later. check them out. www.classicheaters.com

Don

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
Four years ago I experienced all the aforementioned issues Don raised with one from Ecklers, it was made in Taiwain and black. I cut the tubes and made it fit my 55 150However the one I bought August 1, 2013 for my 56 Hardtop was natural in color, made in Mexico and fit very well. The one I had recored for my 56 lasted a year, Taiwan from Ralph Poberts Two years. Its a crapshoot but the current Ecklers worked well and is rated at 20 PSI.

·
Premium Member
1,481 Posts
Have it re-cored. Is the core out of the car? That quote is way too high(IMHO) unless it includes removing it from the car. I would take it to another shop and see what they would do it for.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have it re-cored. Is the core out of the car? That quote is way too high(IMHO) unless it includes removing it from the car. I would take it to another shop and see what they would do it for.
I took it to the only shop near me and that was the quote for repair only. I've had entire radiators re-cored for less. I called that place in Long Island. I'll probably go with them. Thanks wraplock

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Just an update. I sent the heater core out to Cap-A-Radiator in Long Island for a re-core. It looks good, I know it will fit and they turned it around in less than a week! Tough to find service like that nowadays...

Woo hoo! I'll have heat!!

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Those southern boys on this site just don't understand how we northerners get concerned with heating problems so early in the fall. They tend towards a/c problems naturally.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Those southern boys on this site just don't understand how we northerners get concerned with heating problems so early in the fall. They tend towards a/c problems naturally.
Ha ha, right! I hate being cold and it's pretty nippy at night here now!

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Just an update. I sent the heater core out to Cap-A-Radiator in Long Island for a re-core. It looks good, I know it will fit and they turned it around in less than a week! Tough to find service like that nowadays...

Woo hoo! I'll have heat!!

Yeah they are great, fast and car guys just like us! Glad it worked out.

Don

1 - 13 of 13 Posts