Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having trouble with the hood on the 55. It aligns ok on the drivers side, but could use another 1/16 of an inch gap. But the passenger side has a 1/4 of an inch gap between the fender, and needs to be moved about 1/4 of an inch forward. The gap alonng the back of the hood is a perfect 3/8 all the way across. The problem is I can't move the fender back any more or it will hit the door when it opens, I can't move the hood forward or it will mess up the gap along the back and passenger side grill opening... the body guy said that they all fit like this, but it sounds like bull-plop to me. Any ideas?

·
Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert
27,084 Posts
Has it been painted? I had to bend the curve of the hood to get it to match the fenders.
You can move the core support left or right to even the fender to hood gaps at the front. You may have to compromise the hood to cowl gap in the back to get it to fit better at the front edge. This would also move the hood to the passenger side at the front.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It has been painted(black), and is at the very last stage of assembly where it is more or less taking care of the nitpicky things. We were going to leave it the way it is, but are now dead set on perfection, or the closest thing possible. We had the body guy come over to see what could be done, and "re-shaping" the front corner was one of the things he said. :eek: We're kind of stuck at the moment, and mulling over our options, which there aren't many of...

·
Registered
2 Posts
55hood gaps

i"m also having trouble with hood and fender gaps on my 55 stepside . way to many adjustments move one way then you knock something else off looking for chip foose has anyone seen him.need some more input on this matter.love this site thanks everyone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts