Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished installing the LH front flloorboard on my 55 HT project car. Now trying to install the Pillar to Floor Brace with not much success. As far as I can tell, this is only on the 55s and not the 56 or the 57 post & Ht cars but is on 55, 56 & 57 convertibles. All three year cars share the same parts in that area of the car. Question: Is there any reason why this part can't be left out? The part seems to be too big and will need to be trimmed a bunch to fit.
Anyone out there with the same problem? Any help would be appriciated.

·
Administrator
49,371 Posts
Trimmed in heighth or all over? I think i`d make sure it was in there if it were mine. Maybe prostreet will comment on this pc since he is the metal man around here.
Terry

·
Registered
688 Posts
If you look at the instructions it looks like they didnt bother to weld the top part, it looks like in the pic that its 1/4" away :(, I would try to put in as little as you can, if you had a set of torches you might be able to heat and caress it in, had to do that to a lot of parts on mine

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Blackie,
Not sure what instructions you are refering to. Are there instructions somewhere for installing this cowl to floor brace? The part seems to be too wide on the cowl end of the part, the small channel at the top is suppose to nest into the existing mating channel on the car side of the cowl (hard to explain clearly).
Chevman57,
Is there someway I can get this question over to prostreet?

·
Administrator
49,371 Posts
Better yet use the toolbar at the top and click on " members" Then click on the P at the top on scroll down to prostreet and then click on "send PM". Waalah you cand send him a personal message.
Terry

1 - 11 of 11 Posts