Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys!

The interior door release handle opens the door just fine but doesn't return to it's lowered, closed position like it should. The door won't latch properly until I lower the handle manually. I need advice on what part or spring needs attention.

Thanks very much!

Tony in Belleair Beach

·
Registered
609 Posts
Hi Guys!

The interior door release handle opens the door just fine but doesn't return to it's lowered, closed position like it should. The door won't latch properly until I lower the handle manually. I need advice on what part or spring needs attention.

Thanks very much!

Tony in Belleair Beach
Hello well you need a new door handle mec.All the supplyers sell them,not very expensive.you will need to take the door panel off to install, its real easey to do. GOOD LUCK RICH:bowtieb:

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
52,791 Posts
You need one of these.....Its called a door release mechanism.....Most likely the spring is broken on yours....Not allowing the handle to return to the rest position.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello well you need a new door handle mec.All the supplyers sell them,not very expensive.you will need to take the door panel off to install, its real easey to do. GOOD LUCK RICH:bowtieb:
Rich, the whole mechanism needs to be replaced even though the external door handle works OK?

·
Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert
27,084 Posts
Rich, the whole mechanism needs to be replaced even though the external door handle works OK?
The part that David showed is all that needs to be replaced. The outside handle operates the latch mechanism. As mentioned, the spring is probably broken, but it's part of the inside handle mechanism.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You need one of these.....Its called a door release mechanism.....Most likely the spring is broken on yours....Not allowing the handle to return to the rest position.

David, can the spring be replaced or does the whole piece need to be replaced?

Thanks very much!

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
52,791 Posts
David, can the spring be replaced or does the whole piece need to be replaced?Thanks very much!
Need to replace the whole part.....It does not come apart for spring replacement....Nor do they sell the springs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts