Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To those of you following the work done on my '55 2nd series on the picturetrail site during my spare time (what little of it that I had), it is now on the road. It doesn't look too much different than when I bought it last year, but at least now it is roadworthy and safe... including 3 point safety belts. More photos are now on picturetrail.

For it's first outing (June 9), my friend with the blue '55 sedan delivery followed me to the North Jersey Antique Truck Show. It was an adventuresome journey (see picturetrail).

An artist's secret: red wheels with baby moons and wide whites will direct the viewer's eyes away from the rust and dents.

To confuse the novice, I put the license plates from my '42 GMC on the truck. Actually, this was done to save new license plate fees, because if I don't renew the registration for these special plates every year, I would have to turn them in to the state DMV. I had been renewing them yearly even though the '42 has been off the road for a few years.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Mott: Looks just like mine, except for the white sidewalls. By the way, mine has no hood ornament. I think it was made for the U.S. Navy. Perhaps they ordered stripped-down versions. Anyone know ?

C.T. Carley
Starkville, Mississippi

ps. Mine also doesn't have the sun screen.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.