1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Been Looking For A Gasser Just Courious What Is
A 55 Post Worth ?
The Floors Are Gone The Trunk Is Gone Both Of The Bottom
Of Doors Are Rusted And Car Needs Both Quarter Panels.
It Has Clear Title ITs A Roller He Is Firm At 2k

What's Everyone Thoughts

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Sounds like a lot of work. Are you up for it? If you're anything like Fuzzy and get it all done in a week end, go for it. If you have to pay someone else to do the work it can get quite costly.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like a lot of work. Are you up for it? If you're anything like Fuzzy and get it all done in a week end, go for it. If you have to pay someone else to do the work it can get quite costly.
I Will Have To Pay Someone To Do The Metal Work I Just
Don't Know What These Cars Go For As A Roller. That's
Y I Was Asking Is ThIs The Norm For A Price?

·
Administrator
66,151 Posts
Your looking at a rolling shell, chassis are around $500, then add any good sheet metal.

If you have to pay someone to carry out the repairs its going to be a money pit.

I would look for a solid rolling shell. :anim_25:

·
Registered
14,083 Posts
I Been Looking For A Gasser Just Courious What Is
A 55 Post Worth ?
The Floors Are Gone The Trunk Is Gone Both Of The Bottom
Of Doors Are Rusted And Car Needs Both Quarter Panels.
It Has Clear Title ITs A Roller He Is Firm At 2k

What's Everyone Thoughts
Hey Stan, I think you should finish your 55 hardtop before buying another project.:sign0020:

·
Registered
45 Posts
I just cruised our wonderful web site and priced some of the parts you described that you would need for the 55 @ $2000.00
Floor pan with braces 2095.00
Quarter panels left and right 1559.90
Door skins lower half inner 144.95 each side 289.90
Door skins lower half outer 58.95 each side 117.90
And I would assume the outer rockers are bad also
@ 48.95 each side 97.90

Total, just for parts not including shipping or labor to install the parts (including the price of the car) $6,160.00

Shipping is a big question as to final cost, when you buy the parts try to bundle as much as you can to save on the shipping cost ( I found out the hard way ) Always call the parts company and ask their advice on the best way to ship / bundle the parts. They are very helpful when it comes to saving money on shipping and rely on our repeat business.
I hope this helps and look forward to seeing another trifive project coming on line.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Picked up the orange 55 roller below for $6,000 in LA with body work and new paint last year.

No interior
No glass
No steering column
Chrome is pitted
Frame has Camaro of Nova clip
10 bolt with ladder bars

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
=57Gearhead;1156461]I just cruised our wonderful web site and priced some of the parts you described that you would need for the 55 @ $2000.00
Floor pan with braces 2095.00
Quarter panels left and right 1559.90
Door skins lower half inner 144.95 each side 289.90
Door skins lower half outer 58.95 each side 117.90
And I would assume the outer rockers are bad also
@ 48.95 each side 97.90

Total, just for parts not including shipping or labor to install the parts (including the price of the car) $6,160.00

Shipping is a big question as to final cost, when you buy the parts try to bundle as much as you can to save on the shipping cost ( I found out the hard way ) Always call the parts company and ask their advice on the best way to ship / bundle the parts. They are very helpful when it comes to saving money on shipping and rely on our repeat business.
I hope this helps and look forward to seeing another trifive project coming on line.[/QUOTE]

thanks For The Info Helps Out allot

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Stan, I think you should finish your 55 hardtop before buying another project.:sign0020:
Now Thats Some Funny Funny .... ComIng From A Guy That
Has How Many Tri Five Projects Lol
Ps Got A 55 Post You Wanna Sale ? I Need To Build A Gasser lol

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
If it will make you feel any better, the only '56 I have found locally in over two years of looking, was just a shell needing lots of work, on frame, with some older vett stuff swapped in (brakes, suspension...etc), no title or registrations, no glass seats bumpers nothing but a shell, and an asking price of...$2200!!

As badly as I/we want a '56 2D HT, No way could I justify spending that kind of money on this thing...

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I thought you might find that amusing.
Oh I Did Lol I Just Thought For The Money Good Deal
But After Hearing What OtherS On Hear Have To Say I Believe
I Will Be Passing.
Blue Moon This Saturday First One

·
RIP: 10-27-2018
3,279 Posts
Seems a little high to me, but not by much. Depending on the market in your area. If it were a hard top or a 2dr wagon I would say its probaby right on the money. 2 dr sedans bring a little less and 4dr sedans less yet. A 4dr hard top is somewhere close to a 2 dr sedan.

What is expensive today is cheap tomorrow. As time goes on and prices rise, rougher and rougher cars get restored. Just how it is. I sure wish I hadn't sold that 56 convert in 1984 for 5500 dollars.

·
Registered
8,256 Posts
With all that work, I'd be gone too. I couldn't estimate the value because I would have no interest in it. If you do get it, I wish you the very best.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
With all that work, I'd be gone too. I couldn't estimate the value because I would have no interest in it. If you do get it, I wish you the very best.

Me to and i do my own work .and it scares me bob s

·
Administrator
9,085 Posts
the rolling chassis 500
the doghouse 500
clear title 500

lastly 500 extra because he owns it and you want it.

Total 2000

Good luck

otis :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts