Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday my wife and I did a 12 hour road trip to get me a new project. Last plates were 1982, I'm an 83 model myself. It doesn't currently run or drive and long term will need a ton of body work, but it's cool and it's mine.

Engine is stamped DZ and is supposed to be a 302 backed by a Muncie 4 speed. Tonight a compression test showed all 8 made decent compression and I ordered a lot of parts. Hei, plugs, wires, oil change zddp additive, and a few other bits. Rebuild the holley and get her running. Then make it drive. What it really needs is a set of vintage wheels so starting to look for those, any suggestions?

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
49,411 Posts
Not a bad lokin' buggy Aaron...I don't think you can go wrong with a set of American Racing Torque Thrust D's on your car.

·
Registered
65,811 Posts
very cool project, nice going. I'm a big fan of some kind of mags, that's what we did back in the day. very neat man-cave too. +++++ the best thing is that the wife was there for you, keeper for sure.

Reactions: Z06Guy

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Grats -- nice score!!
If in fact it is a DZ 302 mill its worth some decent coin GM made them for a SCCA class IIRC '67 through '69.
Current wheels appear to be Rally's many here run them including me without dog dish caps or trim rings.

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll try to get some engine bay pics tonight, and put them up before I pull the carb for rebuild. I'm debating painting the rallys and finding different "poverty" style caps if possible for them to buy me some time. I don't have the cash to buy everything I want or it needs right off the bat. So now the get it driving on a budget game will come into play.

Would like to see what you all are running for caps on rally's????

·
49,411 Posts
I'd paint the rallys silver and get some chrome trim rings for them

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Just saw your picture Pops I like those too, in fact I have a set of them for my 56 in addition to Torq Thrust Ds. FYI other than the RWL tires that could be my 56. Same color and all.

·
Premium Member
15,008 Posts
Grats -- nice score!!
If in fact it is a DZ 302 mill its worth some decent coin GM made them for a SCCA class IIRC '67 through '69.
Current wheels appear to be Rally's many here run them including me without dog dish caps or trim rings.
I'm pretty sure only the 69 & some 68 were stamped DZ. Some 68 were stamped MI with some 68 stamped MO and 67 were stamped MO or MP. In any case a real 67-69 302 is worth some coin.

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Worked on it for a few before dinner. Scrubbed the intake with a tub of towel and it cleaned up quickly. I will work on casting i.d. later in the week.

Anyone know what the front seats came out of?

·
49,411 Posts
Looks like your car is/was a 210 Delray...One of my favorites :)(y)

What is/are the first letter(s) in your VIN code?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts