Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, it has been a while since I have posted, but I have still lurked and enjoyed following some builds. :pepsi: I was building up the foundation for a new project, but have decided to go another way and clean out my shop and finish a couple other projects that have been idle for way too long.

That being said, I believe I have a really good deal to offer someone in the trifive community. I will cover every detail I can:

CHASSIS: 1955. I helped build a 55 gasser for a gentleman a few years ago and I bought the chassis from him because he went with a pre-fab gasser chassis setup. I cleaned off all the surface rust, wire wheeled everything, ground areas, and even sandblasted some areas that I couldn't reach. I then painted the whole frame with a Rustoleum type enamel and bought new engine mounts and put them on. There are a few broken wheel studs that need replaced.

ENGINE: This was my baby when I had it in my previous 56. It's a small journal 327. Solid 30-30 cam, double-hump heads, Comp Cams 1.6 roller tip rockers, brand new heavy valve springs, Hypereutectic pistons, Edelbrock 2x4 intake with 2 Edelbrock 500 cfm carbs, Mallory distributor, Double Roller timing chain, Edelbrock sand cast finned aluminum valve covers, equal length headers (they sound amazing), etc. etc.
HERE IS THE DEAL WITH THE ENGINE: I originally thought I may have spun a bearing one fine evening after driving back from a local cuise because as soon as I pulled in my driveway, my oil pressure dropped to a very unsafe level. So I obviously instantly shut it down, called some buddies over, and pulled the engine and let it sit. I later pulled everything apart and saw that no bearings were spun, BUT, they were very thin. All were down to the brass. So this sweet thing needs bearings. The cylinder walls look excellent and so does the crank; just a little polishing most likely. I put everything back together and sat it aside, hoping to get around to get it to the machine shop.

TRANSMISSION: Saginaw 4-speed. Gears look great. (Sorry, no shifter to go with it.)

WHEELS: Slotted Mags.

So, I think this would make a great foundation for someone. Of course, this is practically all just mocked up, but it lacks little to be fully ready.

I think a fair starting price is around $2,500, but we can always deal. I just honestly want more room in my shop for my 51 Gasser and my 62 Biscayne...lol

(If I can remember the password to my long neglected Photobucket account, I will try to upload pics there so I can put up larger pics. I have pics of the engine when I had it torn down to inspect for any damage (none of which was found). I will try to get them on here ASAP.

Thank you for looking and for reading. Hopefully someone here could use it.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:anim_25: and would you throw in a few more lug nuts :):) again :anim_25:eek:n the sale
Haha, yeah, I have the extra lug nuts, but as I posted in the description, it has a couple broken studs that need to be replaced. I just never got around to replacing them. I was going to put all new ones all around before I decided to just sell everything. :) :embarassed:

Thanks though for the well wishes, hopefully someone can use it. It really is a great setup!

(If nobody wants it, I guess I could just throw it in a storage building indefinitely.)

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Now thats a screaming deal let me shake the piggy bank I haven't done a road trip in a few months

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
looks like powersteering,,,have disk brakes??? stock rear end???
thanks,Alan
No power steering, no disk brakes, but it does have the stock rear though. Not sure what the gear ratio is, but it seemed that every time I would buy a third member for my former 56, it would end up being 3.50, so I would guess it to be that (the original owner of the 55 this came out from under had told me that it was originally a 6 cylinder car)

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
No power steering, no disk brakes, but it does have the stock rear though. Not sure what the gear ratio is, but it seemed that every time I would buy a third member for my former 56, it would end up being 3.50, so I would guess it to be that (the original owner of the 55 this came out from under had told me that it was originally a 6 cylinder car)
original 6 cylinder car rear axle ratio is 3.73, unless it had overdrive, then it was a 4.11.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
original 6 cylinder car rear axle ratio is 3.73, unless it had overdrive, then it was a 4.11.
Excellent. Thanks for the info! Later today, I will go out there and jack it up and turn the tires and count...see if I get a somewhat accurate reading, just so I can be sure.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.