Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody used the complete sedan doors that restro-world sells ? I'm thinking about going that route instead of trying to repair mine. How well do they fit ? thanks :blowtiedb:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi,
I used the complete sedan doors on my 55, they come with the black semi gloss coating on them, mine came in a box that said Golden Star Classic Auto Parts.
Imports I think.
I thought the fit pretty good, a little tweak here and there, not too bad.
Ed

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Check out my build thread, most of my car is golden star. There's lots of problems with the aftermarket parts. Not only golden star panels. But the way I look at it, what's the alternative. Unless you can make your own. But for me the doors were fine. One thing I did do was tweaked the outer skin on the inter frame because the two aren't welded just crimped to each other. Once I had them were I wanted them I spot welded them in key spots. The new trunk lids can be done that way somewhat. Ron. http://www.trifive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93211&page=2

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Check out my build thread, most of my car is golden star. There's lots of problems with the aftermarket parts. Not only golden star panels. But the way I look at it, what's the alternative. Unless you can make your own. But for me the doors were fine. One thing I did do was tweaked the outer skin on the inter frame because the two aren't welded just crimped to each other. Once I had them were I wanted them I spot welded them in key spots. The new trunk lids can be done that way somewhat. Ron. http://www.trifive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93211&page=2
I have been following your build it looks very good, nice work. I don't have that much skill but I'm taking my time and doing it slow maybe that way I won't mess it up to much. I'll be glad when all this body work is done..More work on this car than any other I've built. :blowtiedb:

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Thanks Slo55 if I can help in any way just let me know. I think you will be happy with the doors. Check out Resto-world good guys and good prices. Ron

1 - 7 of 7 Posts