Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12,124 Posts
That's not a bad looking 55. I only hope that you are not asking this guy the same question in ten years time???? Looks like she could be worth saving without too much hassle.

·
Premium Member
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Definitely worth saving, Pete. He said he was going to start on a restore this summer, here it is the end of July, still sitting by the highway. He did partially cover it with a tarp, maybe to protect the patina. I was willing to give it a try, looking for something different.
That's not a bad looking 55. I only hope that you are not asking this guy the same question in ten years time???? Looks like she could be worth saving without too much hassle.

·
Registered
67,713 Posts
they all say they are going to work on it. mmmmmmmmm

·
Premium Member
50,811 Posts
Well....one of these days I'm a gonna fixer her up......he'll still be saying that when the last piece of the body floats away.....SAD

Cowboy :flag6:
:gba:
bowtie-trifive

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Lots of cars have owners with good intentions...sad to see some never end up getting the attention they deserve!

I'd stop in and tell him that, that tarp will cause more damage than good, trapping all that moisture in and all, then offer him a little more since you are there...it is almost August, and then September...and then winter all over again...

...just saying... ;)

·
Premium Member
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That was kinda my thoughts. But I didn't know how scarce or even desirable these 2 dr wagons are. I didn't mention, no drivetrain, or interior, some rust, but not bad.
I'd be afraid to offer over 12 or 13 hundred
Lots of cars have owners with good intentions...sad to see some never end up getting the attention they deserve!

I'd stop in and tell him that, that tarp will cause more damage than good, trapping all that moisture in and all, then offer him a little more since you are there...it is almost August, and then September...and then winter all over again...

...just saying... ;)

·
Registered
887 Posts
You don't see many of them, I would try to get him to at least give you a "crazy price"... i.e. "Sir, what would be a price that you would sell the car for".. maybe he would provide a reasonable number.

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
They are all worth saving.

Make him your best offer, ( in the past I'd bring cash in hand...but I do not do that anymore...times have changed, and I wouldn't suggest it anymore) if he doesn't like your best offer, walk away knowing you gave it an honest shot :)

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
I think i'm going to restore that kar someday! Thenturns goes in the house, sets down in his easy chair,... with a beer ...........You have completely left this flakes thoughts!!! been there done that lots of times!! scored big!!!!! and then watched others set there, and rot away.Hurts me to say "rots away"

moral to the story;.... is ALWAYS STOP AND ASK...HE MAY NOT HAVE ENOUGH MONEY FOR ANOTHER BREWSKI..thens when you buy him a beer.:beer::happy0009: bob s:tu

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
They are all worth saving.

Make him your best offer, ( in the past I'd bring cash in hand...but I do not do that anymore...times have changed, and I wouldn't suggest it anymore) if he doesn't like your best offer, walk away knowing you gave it an honest shot :)

This is the best way to know right now what he'll do. he will take the offer, or he won't. Money always talks the loudest, Or be a pest for 22 years...as i did to get a" steel second owner 32 ford cpe" home to my garage, sent letters and calls every spring and every fall. i called He said any man that wanted that deuce that bad should have it....so i got it.these calls and letters, sorry jus thought i'd throw this in ,to show how bad it can get, when you want something bad enough :bowtieb:

I'll die first before i sell that Deuce .or maybe my wifes next husband will get it. ha ha ha ha in her dreams

·
Administrator
66,105 Posts
You`ve only take one bite at him, give it time, he`ll be thinking about your offer, I`m thinking he`ll come back at you with a slightly higher price :anim_25:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts