Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

56 150 Sedan Door striker bolts

Tags
door striker
3K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  tomthegtrplyr 
#1 ·
I'm trying to put my door handle, striker, striker bolt together on my 56 2dr 150 Sedan, and I can't find my strikers or strike bolts anywhere.
I guess that happens with these multi-year restorations.
I can and have purchased new/repop striker plates, but I cannot find new strike bolts anywhere.
I called Danchuk, Classic Industries, did the e-bay thing, googled -
Apparently these are non-wear items, and most guys just re-use what they have or get them from donor cars?
If I can't find mine, I would appreciate guidance on where to get these striker bolts.
Thanks - Tom

#3 ·
Happens to all of us . They usually show up if you are like the rest of us we throw almost nothing away . Mike

#10 ·
Door Striker bolts

Ok - I was totally confused until my buddy Terry here in Omaha helped me out and sent pics of his 55 door lock mechanism.
I had the 60's version of the striker bolt in my mind.
The tri-fives used a flat striker plate on the body door jamb.
If I would have referenced the disassembly pics I took I would have realized I was looking for something that doesn't exist.
I did my best bagging and tagging everything, but after 3+ years, the boxes of parts have been moved around my garage so much they are scattered everywhere.
Today I am going to get the all organized again as I am heading down the final lap of this restoration and know what I do and do not need.
I want to say Thanks! to all the good people at Tri-Five for the guidance and support.
Without this website, this restoration would have been a total nightmare.
God willing, I should have this car done within a year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.