Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It appears that someone started to restore this 56 correctly then for an unknown reason,they stopped working on it and it has sat for so long that it has rust coming through the primer.
The front of the frame has been blasted & cleaned including the steering box.It appears that all of the front end parts are new down to the rubber bumpers on the lower A frames and the grease fittings.
The disc brake parts seem to be new and new calipers are included.
The firewall and dash have been painted.Looks like someone wanted a red car.The trunk lid was blasted down to bare metal.Unfortunately it is now covered w/surface rust.I sanded some of the primer off of the door and found a pretty blue paint under the stainless and a green paint above the stainless.
The side stainless appears to have been restored(glad now that I didnt sell it).The steering wheel has been restored.
Bloody knuckles(Marty) is coming to look at it today to see if he can weld the new inner & outer rockers that came w/it.
I will keep you posted.

Attachments

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
51,206 Posts
OF....Any ideas on what color(s) that you are going to paint it, when its ready?

·
Premium Member
3,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't really know yet.Any ideas?I think that I would like to go w/the two tone paint,but not sure.

Attachments

·
51,206 Posts
Definitely like the two-tone.....What color(s) was it originally?

·
Registered
67,335 Posts
your having some good luck for a change, nice. :five:

·
Premium Member
3,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Marty(bloody knuckles)just came down and he is very positive about the car & thinks(and I concur)that this one has a lot less problems than the 57 as far as welding.
I need to find a drivers side 1/4 panel piece that will go in front of the wheel well and buy some phosphoric acid.
I have posted a picture of the inner door and I believe that the paint there is the original interior color & maybe the exterior color also?

And you are right Carl.I feel much better about this build ..I think that I lucked out this time..

Attachments

·
51,206 Posts
OF....Would you post a photo of the cowl tag or tellus the numbers? So, we can determine the original specs.

·
Premium Member
3,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OF....Would you post a photo of the cowl tag or tellus the numbers? So, we can determine the original specs.
Cant do it.It came w/a vin tag & title but no data tag..

·
Registered
240 Posts
I know some of us were a little critical of Fred when he got rid of the delivery, but he upgraded with a much more solid car that he can get on the road sooner. Once I replace the rockers, lower quarters, and install few floor patches for him. the car will be done as far as major body work. Then it's on to the 1000 other things it needs done. Too bad I didn't see the '56 before him, cause I'd be welding it up for me!:D

·
Trifive on Facebook Admin Trifive Leaders Club
6,152 Posts
I know some of us were a little critical of Fred when he got rid of the delivery, but he upgraded with a much more solid car that he can get on the road sooner. Once I replace the rockers, lower quarters, and install few floor patches for him. the car will be done as far as major body work. Then it's on to the 1000 other things it needs done. Too bad I didn't see the '56 before him, cause I'd be welding it up for me!:D
Good on ya Marty
for getting stuck into the 56 for Fred.
Personally I reckon it was a Good move
not just because its a 56
but its a 210 2dr hardtop
and by the photos in really good shape
I'm sure there are a lot of others who would have just loved to find it first...me included :rolleyes:
But that honor goes to Fred ... ...so pleased you decided to keep it Fred :tu

·
Premium Member
3,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I had the inspector check out the "tuck & roll" back seat yesterday.She said that it is very comfortable. The front seat is missing.
In order for it to match the bucket seats that I have,I will have to dye it gray.It still will not match the buckets because they have cloth covers and the seat is vinyl.Bloody Knuckles suggested "mexican blankets".That aint gonna happen :sign0020:
A lot of you guys have used newer seats in your car but they required modification of the mounts which required welding(there's that W word again)

Keeping in mind that this is an absolute low budget build.What would you do??

Attachments

·
Registered
953 Posts
.... original interior color & maybe the exterior color also?
Did you shear your Shepherd because of the heat?
My old Shepherd would probably really like that this time of year.

As far as your original paint, that color looks just like mine did. And mine is/was Tropical Turquoise 749.

·
Premium Member
3,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yup,I sheared her for the 2nd time this year.Her fur is real thick & she does better here w/short hair.

Looks like you are correct on the paint color.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Great Find

Old Fred, I'm glad you have finally found youself a hardtop. They are the most popular, and I'm sure you will make a nice cruiser out of it. Good luck, keep us posted. Charles :wavey:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts