Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 56 nostalgia drag car and plan to make it a pro street car. It has very little chrome on it. Does any one know how I can find out what emblems and chrome belongs on the car?

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
check your vin number to see which model you actually have, then you can reference the model chart to see what trim it is supposed to have or you can just do what you like.If your not going to do a factory restore you can do like you want

·
Senior Member 4 Gold Stars
4,460 Posts
The beginning of the VIN will tell you series the car is.

A is 150 series, limited stainless trim.

B is a 210 series. Still not a lot of trim, but the side stainless runs the full length of the car.

C is a Belair and has stainless everywhere :D Completely surrounding the side windows and double stainless down the side to just behind the front door and then the upper piece turns up to meet the side glass trim.

If the VIN starts with a V, it was a V8 car. Then the series letter starts the VIN.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The beginning of the VIN will tell you series the car is.

A is 150 series, limited stainless trim.

B is a 210 series. Still not a lot of trim, but the side stainless runs the full length of the car.

C is a Belair and has stainless everywhere :D Completely surrounding the side windows and double stainless down the side to just behind the front door and then the upper piece turns up to meet the side glass trim.

If the VIN starts with a V, it was a V8 car. Then the series letter starts the VIN.
I know it's a 210 trim #564. How do I find out what trim this is? And what emblums go on the hood and deck lid?

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
I know it's a 210 trim #564. How do I find out what trim this is? And what emblums go on the hood and deck lid?
This link will assist you in decoding your vin, paint, and trim numbers, the #564 trim code denotes the interior colors of charcoal/ivory, not what exterior trim is on car. The exterior trim is determined by the series, 150, 210 or BelAir etc. If you're not really set on numbers correct project then I would just trim it out in whatever I liked. JMO;)

http://www.classicbowtie.com/1955-57 Chevrolet Technical Information.htm

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
P.s.

I also looked in my spring/summer edition of Ecklers Classic Chevy catalog and on page 14&15 there is an exploded view of the exterior body mouldings and emblems that are model specific.:D I'd send you that link but I couldn't find it online.
Hope this will help you:cool:

·
Administrator
49,372 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
body trim

I also looked in my spring/summer edition of Ecklers Classic Chevy catalog and on page 14&15 there is an exploded view of the exterior body mouldings and emblems that are model specific.:D I'd send you that link but I couldn't find it online.
Hope this will help you:cool:
Thats what I'm looking for moldings and emblems model specific! Is there any way I could get that info? My vin is B56B133312 the body style # is 56-1011. I just want to know what emblems were on the deck lid, hood, quarters etc...
Thanks for your help anyway!

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Thats what I'm looking for moldings and emblems model specific! Is there any way I could get that info? My vin is B56B133312 the body style # is 56-1011. I just want to know what emblems were on the deck lid, hood, quarters etc...
Thanks for your help anyway!
Click on this link and order the free catalog. I ordered one and I had it in less than a week;)

http://www.classicchevy.com/

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the info Mike, you've been a big help. Hope your holidays are great!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts