Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm building a 56 210 and we would like to swap out the rear leaf set up for a 4 link, looking for a kit or something easy to set up without a lot of fabrication (though I do have decent welding skills and a few welders, just not a ton of time). We are just building a nice cruiser, not a hotrod, it will have around 300hp when done, and all I can seem to find are really excessive for this. Please let me know if you know of a company or (even better) have a link to a nice set up. Thanks in advance -Nick:happy0014:

I should also add that we are looking to keep ride height more or less stock.

·
Premium Member
1956 chevy 210 del rey sedan
15,014 Posts
if you are keeping a near stock ride hieght it is hard to beat a new american made set of springs . the 4 link adds to the chaos for getting tail pipes out back and such and really is a waste of time for a near stock hieght type of build. as far as price you get what you pay for. the cheaper kits are just that, cheap substandard parts prone to failure. just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
38,740 Posts
You said you were looking at stock or near stock ride height. You said you wouldn't be punishing it with a lot of power. You didn't mention hard cornering.

So what is your goal? Are you thinking you'll get a better ride? I don't think you will get it with coilovers. Maybe the same but not better. And you'll have less suspension travel, which may hurt the ride in more extreme situations.

My recommendation would be for new springs, a shock bar and good shocks, and perhaps a rear sway bar.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Here is a option for you, Here at Scotts Hotrods we manufacture a very nice 4-bar set up for your car.We have two different set ups here is what comes with them

1.Scotts standard 4-bar kit
(4) 1 1/8 round 1/4 dom tubing for your link bars
(1) 1 1/8 round 1/4 dom tubing for your pan hard bar
(2) front frame 4-bar brackets
(2) rear 4-bar brackets for your rearend 10bolt - 12bolt - 9 inch brackets for either
(2)Pan hard bar brackets
(2) himes for your panhard adjustable right hand and left hand
(8) cnc machined rodends right hand and left hand for a quick easy adjustable
All grade 8 hardware
Upper shock crossmember
Adustable alden coil-overs and we have Afco coil-overs as a upgrade
100% tig welded
This kit is weld on kit for your car

Retail price $1,299.00
Forum price $1,169.10

We have our Scotts superslam 4-bar kit and this is kit is exactly the same as our coil-over kit you see above.

You will be getting a set of bags and set of shocks instead of the coil-overs

All of our materials are domestic made and we manufacture all of our products in house USA made

Here are some options for you and if you have any questions let us know you can e-mail or call or p/m your choice

[email protected]
(805)485-0382

Justin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.