Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
spent the day today trying to wet sand some of the old dead primer off. It was so old if you rubbed it with your bare hand it came up with grey primer all over it. it had been on the car for the past 12 years. I got most off the roof and took a lot of the sides, it kinda has that patina look now . kind of cool also kind of undone looking . spent a couple of hours polishing the wheels too . thank God for the power ball . put the front bumper on today as well.Oh I forgot to mention I modified the rear seat frame to fit the wheel tubbs and had the covers put on at the local uhpolstery shop. the friend I got the car from said it couldn't be done. Ha I did it and it looks cool to

Attachments

·
Registered
550 Posts
Your car looks great! It has that "look" and stance. I can't even tell that the rear seat has been cut down. Nice job. :happy0030:

·
Registered
66,315 Posts
nice, rear seat looks great. well done. :five:

·
Premium Member
13,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the car is starting to be a lot of fun now that it is driveable. I think I will be doing some custom door panels next

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
the car is starting to be a lot of fun now that it is driveable. I think I will be doing some custom door panels next
Time to enjoy the toy:D Later, Dave

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Sweet!

I've got to admit, that "weathered" look on your car and a couple other ones sure has me 2nd guessing this whole base/clear thing. Looks really really sweet!:tu JIM.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I'm doin the exact same thing with my back seat. I have the seat cut and fit but still need upholstery. Your car looks fantastic.

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Sweet!!

Nice looking '56! Glad to hear you're getting out in it & enjoying it. :wavey:

·
Premium Member
13,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
On the rear seat , I just looked at how wide the tubs were moved in and moved the necessary framework in that much to make it fit . in my case 8 Inches . I just cut the lower curves off and moved them in 8" and added some 3/16" round rod back in to tie it all together . in the springs I got the crimp sleves at the fabric shop and just cut and reshaped as necessary . I don't intend to have back seat passengers but might so I sat back there my self today and it is nice as long as you don't try to sit up next to the window, if you do you can feel the tub in your back. There is still enough for to regular sized adults back there though. I wish I had taken pics of it as I did it to help you guys out, my bad . just put it in without the uhpolstery on it and it will be clear as to what you need to move. next time I have the seat out i will take a few pics. :) John

1 - 12 of 12 Posts