Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I have more time than money currently, I am thinking of various routes for my door panels.
I have the original rear panels ( and stainless) but need the fronts.
Has anyone ever recovered thier originals? my rear seat is covered w/ the yellow vinyl and charcoal cloth, this what I want for the front seat , and I am considering buying the vinyl/ fabric for the front ( & rear ) door panels.
Any thoughts on this? does anyone have any 56 Belair front ( 2 dr) door panels they want to sell?.
I wasn't able to find any prior threads on this topic, feel free to point me in the right direction if needed.
Many thanks, happy holidays.
Bob Brewer
Gaithersburg, MD

·
Premium Member
19,668 Posts
Since I have more time than money currently, I am thinking of various routes for my door panels.
I have the original rear panels ( and stainless) but need the fronts.
Has anyone ever recovered thier originals? my rear seat is covered w/ the yellow vinyl and charcoal cloth, this what I want for the front seat , and I am considering buying the vinyl/ fabric for the front ( & rear ) door panels.
Any thoughts on this? does anyone have any 56 Belair front ( 2 dr) door panels they want to sell?.
I wasn't able to find any prior threads on this topic, feel free to point me in the right direction if needed.
Many thanks, happy holidays.
Bob Brewer
Gaithersburg, MD
bob
are u saying the front door panels are missing ??? or ? if their there, just use them as templetes and make new ones then cover ?

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
52,858 Posts
Bob.....Maybe I'm making this too simple....However, you could take a big sheet of cardboard and make a template....The transfer it to your panels.

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
Not to muddy the waters but the 55/56 Belair had molded in arm rests on the front door panels... Later, Dave

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
52,858 Posts
Not to muddy the waters but the 55/56 Belair had molded in arm rests on the front door panels... Later, Dave
Your right Dave:):tu.....Forgot about that :confused0006:

·
Administrator
49,960 Posts
Bob H & H Classic has the 56 2dr sedan cardboard panels for 29.00pr. part#1452. Since you don`t have anything for a pattern buy the panel set and then recover them yourself. It can be done.
Terry

·
Registered
122 Posts
How is panel upholstery applied?

H & H also shows a metal edging an panel nails. Is metal edging placed on edge of cardboard panel before stapling/fastening edges of upholstered panel to board and, then, nail/clips pinched onto edge of upholstered pc. What about the metal rail pc. that hooks onto lower edge of door? My upholstery's good but boards are rotted and off right now for door handle replacement and I'm trying to do something with board deterioration. TIA.:wavey:

·
Administrator
49,960 Posts
Is metal edging placed on edge of cardboard panel before stapling/fastening edges of upholstered panel to board and, then, nail/clips pinched onto edge of upholstered pc. What about the metal rail pc. that hooks onto lower edge of door?
Yes all the metal nail strips and the lower metal S-shaped pieces go on the panel before the covering does. And make sure the nail strips line up with the door slots before attaching them permanently.
Terry

1 - 11 of 11 Posts