Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This week starts the Covered Bridge sale here in Indiana. Its a well known LARGE sale covering 4 counties. Dad and I worked on getting the 56 Belair 4Door Hardtop on the ground and rolling so we could sit it out front to sell.I listed it for $6,500 and had a low number of $4,000 in mind to be my lowest. It set out front for less then 12 hours and sold it for $5,000 Cried when it left but was also in best interest, Now I have room and a few $$$ to put to the 57 to finish it up. Ialso have some new parts I will be listing here.

·
Premium Member
5,795 Posts
That's both good and sad to hear Shawn. I usually always have to sell one, to feed the other.:) Go ahead and post up them parts.....we need some deals.:sign0020:......David

·
Trifive Certified Restoration Shop
3,421 Posts
This week starts the Covered Bridge sale here in Indiana. Its a well known LARGE sale covering 4 counties. Dad and I worked on getting the 56 Belair 4Door Hardtop on the ground and rolling so we could sit it out front to sell.I listed it for $6,500 and had a low number of $4,000 in mind to be my lowest. It set out front for less then 12 hours and sold it for $5,000 Cried when it left but was also in best interest, Now I have room and a few $$$ to put to the 57 to finish it up. Ialso have some new parts I will be listing here.
It's always sad to see a classic leave, but on a good note, I assume you and your dad are once again speaking and doing some things together. It's a start.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's always sad to see a classic leave, but on a good note, I assume you and your dad are once again speaking and doing some things together. It's a start.
Dad and I are better then ever. All said and done, Even though alot of meaness was said and done, but its all the past. He has his own Apartment but here almost everyday. We don't get to work together much the way my work schedule is, But when we are together we still make great times.

·
Premium Member
5,795 Posts
I'm so glad that things are working out for you Shawn. Tell your Dad the old southern talking boy said hello. Take care.....David

·
Registered
5,144 Posts
Glad to hear you got more for it than expected.:tu

As for the parts you're selling;does that tell us
that a $65.00 part is actually one that you're hoping
to get at least $40.00 for?:sign0020:

7,082 Posts
Dad and I are better then ever. All said and done, Even though alot of meaness was said and done, but its all the past. He has his own Apartment but here almost everyday. We don't get to work together much the way my work schedule is, But when we are together we still make great times.
Hard decisions are a part of life. Your statement "But when we are together we still make great times". That with family trumps everything else. Wise choice. :anim_25::bowtier:

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
This week starts the Covered Bridge sale here in Indiana.

Hey, so, what exactly is a covered Bridge Sale?... is that like "you have a bridge you 'd like to sell.....?:sign0020:

I used to live in southern Indiana, but never heard of the bridge sale.

Gil

Sorry to hear about the 56,.... but does open up other avenues for other things.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Glad to hear you got more for it than expected.:tu

As for the parts you're selling;does that tell us
that a $65.00 part is actually one that you're hoping
to get at least $40.00 for?:sign0020:
Never know with me, Im not hard to please and most here know I'm fair with everything. I always prefer to help you guys out before listing other places. This site has always been good to me, So why not me be good to you all

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This week starts the Covered Bridge sale here in Indiana.

Hey, so, what exactly is a covered Bridge Sale?... is that like "you have a bridge you 'd like to sell.....?:sign0020:

I used to live in southern Indiana, but never heard of the bridge sale.

Gil

Sorry to hear about the 56,.... but does open up other avenues for other things.
Covered Bridge is mostly Park County. Park County is well known for all the Coverd Bridges. The sale runs for 14 days, Anywhere and everywhere, Nothing is unsaleable, Frold old to new, Always tons of items, High Prices and Good Food. People sell off space in the yards, 10x10 for 2 weeks bring an easy $250

·
Administrator
66,105 Posts
What a great way to sell items through the county.

Havent seen any progress on the 57 for a while after it was painted post something in the update project section hint hint with pics :tu

·
Registered
67,707 Posts
sounds like something I would like to see. :tu

1 - 12 of 12 Posts