Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

221 - 240 of 275 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #221
Thanks sgi....I am excited for both of us. Your truck is looking KILLER!

I am “patiently” waiting on the paint/body man who is an unparalleled perfectionist. I keep telling him “Hey now!!! I’m not building a show truck!” His answer....”It better be a show truck.” My reply...”stop blocking and start spraying.” It’s like watching a taxicab’s meter running......unnerving to say the least. LOL

The frame and suspension parts are at the powder-coater and should be done this week.

It’s getting real exciting, but as we get closer and closer to the finish line the bills start stacking closer and closer together.

Ready to get that girl in the garage!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #222
Happy Thanksgiving to everybody! I’m thankful that I finally have some color going on this ‘56! Exciting stuff!

·
Registered
15,333 Posts
Man o man,those fenders are looking real nice and sharp.Press on,keep up the good work and those updates coming.:tu :tu:shakehands:

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #224
Thanks Big B....will-do. Been a long road, but good times are on the horizon.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #225
I would go that routr if I had it to do again. And I might! You should definitely consider it. Remember what you said, no regrets! Slamming the doors to get them to shut right is no fun on a nice build like yours.

Hows' the fit on the brandy new stuff? Better than the 60 yr old stuff? (Doors)

It’s taken so long to do this thing that I spent some quality time going back through my thread. I saw a question that I never answered (to my knowledge) and wanted to readdress...

To answer the question “how does the brand new stuff fit?” I think I can answer that better now. (After writing some MIGHTY BIG checks to the body man to get the door and body gaps correct. This new stuff takes a lot of tender-loving care to fit like it needs to. Added metal here and took metal from there. Lots of time (and money) to make it work, but it’s finally in the booth. A long row to hoe, but the light is twinkling at the end of the tunnel.....

I hate that it has taken sooooo long because I think I lost a lot of the guys who were chiming in with inputs that I greatly appreciated. This place is full of guys that have A GREAT DEAL to add to anyone’s build and precisely why I came here to begin with.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #226 (Edited)
Here are a couple of pictures that illustrate how much “TLC” went into fitting these brand new pieces.

Also, thought y’all would enjoy seeing THE BUS project that K&B Streetrods is working on right now. It’s a Tri-Fiver and is going to be killer.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #227 (Edited)
Just got the frame back from the powder-coater and more color being sprayed...things are getting real around here!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #229
Thanks Scooby! It’s definitely getting exciting around here these days. Passed the 10 year point back in June....it’s high-time we get this girl finished and ON THE ROAD!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #230
Still working on the cab...blocking and smoothing the interior surfaces and getting it ready to paint. We highly modified the dash and other interior aspects and I guess it is just taking longer to get "right."

The LT-1 and 700R4 got sprayed with car color this week and we are one step closer to getting the chassis put together.

Things are coming together nicely and we are seeing that faint light at the end of the tunnel.

[ATTACH IMG_1852.jpg ]223038[/ATTACH] IMG_3164.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #232
Thanks Brent. I was a LONG arduous journey just to pick the color and I second-guessed myself numerous times, but we love it now that we can see it in the truck!!

The engine looks pretty plain with all the Black Rose, but there are a bunch of polished aluminum and chrome pieces (and other custom plates) that will spruce it up and break up the monotony.

Building the chassis this week and putting the engine together.

Gettin there.....

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #234 (Edited)
Thanks Bam! Means a lot coming from you as you are the Gold Standard around here (among others).

Starting to build the motor. Still a long way to go and just realized I can't find a drive that connects the water pump and the distributor, so have to order a new one which slows me down a bit. Anyhow, it's coming together and getting EXCITING!

We have to polish the ridges on the valve covers and intake to show the polished aluminum against the car color. There are also a bunch of shiny, polished things to bolt on as well that ought to spruce it up a bit! LOL

IMG_3174.jpg IMG_3173.jpg IMG_3175.jpg

·
Registered
13,406 Posts
I can see a light at the end of the tunnel. You must be getting pretty excited Mr. Smith!
Seeing paint on that cab is going to be exhilarating. I bet you can't wait.

Congrats on a first class build! :tu

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #236
Thanks Roger...your are correct. I cannot wait to see the cab!

Just in....
IMG_3179.jpg

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #237
Just about got the motor completely built up and ready to install on the chassis. Starting to get REAL in here.....

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #238
Just a quick little update:

We finally have all the pieces painted and (mostly) ready to assemble. There are a couple of chassis pieces that need to go to the powder-coater who is closed temporarily....this Corona Virus has certainly slowed things down for all of us sadly.

I hope all y'all are taking care and staying healthy. Hopefully will have some more "completed" updates in the not-too-distant future.

As a reminder, this is what the color looks like in the sun. It's called Black Rose.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #240
Good question....Canuck!

After we get the chassis and truck rolling it's going to Knoxville TN so Steve Holcomb and his team at Pro Custom Auto can build the interior.

I can't wait, but it seems I'm going to have to wait some more...LOL

221 - 240 of 275 Posts