Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Is there an easy way to remove the heater contorls on the dash of a 56 210? I need to replace my ignition switch and harness. The controls for the heater are in the way of getting to the switch and wires, removing the controls would make it easier to get to.

I looked at it and it appears to have two screws on the bottom of the chrome trim piece and then two that you have to get to from the inside of the dash from the top (that seems impossible to get to).

Am I missing something or is it really that difficult?

Thanks

Goobs

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
50,373 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I recall getting mine out by removing the ashtray.

I don't recall any big difficulties. I replaced the heater face plate and put in a new OFF/ON switch.

Chuck

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I ended up just removing the instrument cluster. I was trying to get access to the ignition and headlight switches so I could replace the harness and switches. I first thought if I removed the heater bracket assembly, I could get easy access, but nothing so far on the dash has been essy...:)

I got them both replaced now and I am just putting everything back together now.

Thanks for the help.

Goobs

·
Registered
10 Posts
removing the heater control unit from dash.

I just put in a new heater control switch and resistor in my '55 wagon.
Remove all the cable connections first. I found two screws at the top of the faceplate on the backside under the dash that tighten the face plate to the dash, back those off then remove the two bottom screws on the front bottom of the faceplate. the unit will slide out a bit from the bottom then pull down slightly and it should pop right out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts