Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys, I need a 56 Chevy passenger side door for my convertible. I'm considering buying a new door- complete frame- assembly. They are avaiable from Ecklers. Has anyone bought new doors and how good are they? Are more vender s out there? I need some leads and was hoping for our club members help. Would also consider a good used door-: rust free.Please let me know if you can provide some help or information on the door. Thanks ****:):

Someone said that the doors are being made in the USA- Michigan. Been trying to find the vender, no luck yet.They are also being produced out of the country, would like to stay in the USA.Hope someone can give me the name of the manufacturer. ****

·
Premium Member
3,663 Posts
Are vert doors the same as 2 dr. hardtop doors?If they are,Member Shua posted a pair for sale a few days ago.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I am in the same situation. My understanding is that they are not the same, but they should fir. You have to mod the winfow area. Compare picture of both.

Good Luck

·
Premium Member
16,187 Posts
Hi guys, I need a 56 Chevy passenger side door for my convertible. I'm considering buying a new door- complete frame- assembly. They are avaiable from Ecklers. Has anyone bought new doors and how good are they? Are more vender s out there? I need some leads and was hoping for our club members help. Would also consider a good used door-: rust free.Please let me know if you can provide some help or information on the door. Thanks ****:):

Someone said that the doors are being made in the USA- Michigan. Been trying to find the vender, no luck yet.They are also being produced out of the country, would like to stay in the USA.Hope someone can give me the name of the manufacturer. ****
****, A member here FINMAN has (or had) a pretty nice used right side 56 door. Keep in mind when looking at used doors that the door lock hole is located higher on a 56 than it is on 55 or 57 making the 56 door unique.

-Bruce

·
Registered
305 Posts
You rang ? I still have the door as I'm lazy to advertise it. Sent **** an email. Thanks

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I used a domestic made passenger side door on a 55 convertible that I was working on. It actually fit nice, even better than the used drivers door I scored. The price was quite highl, over a grand. They may be less now that there is imported high quality parts.

Good luck

Hotroddder

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the help and information on the doors for a 56 convvert. I was able to find the two doors, thanks again. ****

1 - 7 of 7 Posts