Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this 3100 pick up, with a 283 and 4 speed in it. It had been disassembled for paint and body, also the heater was removed and not found again.
I have pictures of the existing holes, but can not find anything that looks like it would fit,
All holes are below the glove compartment through the firewall, I bought a heater from someone , but I see no way for it to work... he said his was a 6 cylinder and it mounted above the bell housing/ center of the firewall? I don't see how this would work on a V8, with the distributor sitting there.
If anyone has a stock heater mounted in their truck, any pictures of both interior and engine side would be very helpful.
I am assuming this is not a Deluxe heater, as it had only a fan switch in the dash.
Hopefully, someone can help me out here, as I am about to just plug the holes and call it. Thanks!!

·
Registered
98 Posts
A picture of your heater box would help. My 55 2nd series has the heater hoses connecting just below the battery tray. Have to kink your neck or use mirrors to put hose clamps on. Take a look at these links.
or this one 1957 deluxe heater - The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network
and welcome to the forum
Mike

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A picture of your heater box would help. My 55 2nd series has the heater hoses connecting just below the battery tray. Have to kink your neck or use mirrors to put hose clamps on. Take a look at these links.
or this one 1957 deluxe heater - The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network
and welcome to the forum
Mike

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Mike for the reply. I was attempting to post the picture of the fire wall holes, but could not on my lap top.
You asked about pictures on my heater box, the only box I have is the one I can’t see it fitting. Is that the one you are asking about?
Here is the picture of the fire wall holes, the glove box bottom is just above the holes in the picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks Mike! You are correct, my holes appear to match the red holes.
Now I just need to find a heater to fill the holes😁
hahaha well im sure my heater set up would have you baffled. heres what i have. One is on the firewall and one under the seat, and no controls to be found yet. Im not sure if this is a truck seat or not, but the holes would almost make it a heated seat.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hahaha well im sure my heater set up would have you baffled. heres what i have. One is on the firewall and one under the seat, and no controls to be found yet. Om hot sure if this is a truck seat or not, but the holes would almost make it a heated seat.
Thanks for taking the time to do this. I appreciate it!
Does the glove box liner still fit with the motor up there?
Your seat looks like mine, I figured the holes allowed air to escape when someone sits in the seat.
Is that a heater behind the seat in the picture you sent? If so, it looks like where the heater hoses would go in my truck. They are spread pretty far apart in the fire wall.
Sorry for all the questions, I’m trying to pin this down…. So I know what I’m looking for.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Your seat looks like mine, I figured the holes allowed air to escape when someone sits in the seat.
Is that a heater behind the seat in the picture you sent? If so, it looks like where the heater hoses would go in my truck. They are spread pretty far apart in the fire wall.
Sorry for all the questions, I’m trying to pin this down…. So I know what I’m looking for.
The heater you see the fan in the pic is in the middle of where the seats go in the floor. ill try to get measurments on the firewall heater and locations of everything this weekend for ya. Its just above freezing here so It hard to get the body to want to go outside other then for work.

·
Registered
10 Posts
As for the glovebox, i have no idea, as there was none when i got it

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No problem at all. Whenever it works out for you.
Also, if you look at comments above , there is a post with attachments on it.
If you see the one with a firewall and numbered red and yellow numbered circles…. My holes match the yellow ones.
That may help to just look, rather than measuring the holes.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well unfortunately, that one doesn’t look like it would fit my firewall holes😬
Still on the hunt… thanks!!!
I’m thinking I won’t have a heater in this truck.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Have you checked with LMC or Brothers truck parts?
Have you checked with LMC or Brothers truck parts?
Neither have what I need. Jim Carter looks like has the heater core, no heater box to be found.
I have nothing but firewall holes and a switch… everything else is MIA.
I guess I will just plug the holes and forget about it.
Thanks!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts